'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 7 October 2018

Project Use Up Update #9


This month has seen the same slow steady use up with nothing actually finished as last month.  There has been some good progress in some of the products, mainly the lipsticks, but I think it'll still be a couple of months before anything actually goes.


As before we'll start with the Barbara Day Even Smoother eye primer in Vanilla.  I'm using this every time I wear make up, but again, there's no obvious change from the outside.  I am tempted to actually remove this product from the tube to give me a better idea of how this is doing, I just need to find a container.


You can see how much of the Argan Oil hair treatment has gone, but the progress here is probably just as slow as the eye primer.  As before, I use this every time I wash my hair (about twice a week) so the progress is slow but steady.


I have finally been able to reach the edge of the NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector in Light / Pale and will now start increasing the size of this.  I don't think I'll be able to finish this by the end of the year, but I am now on the final run and don't think it'll be long before I need to buy a new concealer.  Do you have any recommendations on more natural concealers worth spending the money on?


I've been using the Living Nature eye liner in Midnight a little bit more by slightly changing the style of my make up.  This has meant that my progress has been a bit better this month then last.  It's still going to be roughly another six months before this is gone, but at least I've worked out how to get through it quicker.


My lipsticks is definitely the area where I've seen the most progress, probably because I've had a week off where I could wear makeup almost every day.  I made sure that I wore the MUA lipstick in Raven as least a couple of times during the week to really work on getting through this one.  There is a possibility that this will be gone by the end of October, but it will need some extra work on that.  The other lipstick I've been concentrating on is the Gosh Velvet lipstick in Matte Rose.  This is a really nice, easy lipstick wear, but it's matte properties does mean that it stays on longer then other lipsticks and, therefore, takes a little longer to get through.

And that's it.  Not a particularly long blog this time, but there is definitely the usual lull in progress you normally get in a project pan around this time of year.  I'm aiming to definitely finish the lipsticks by the end of the year, but I think expecting the other items to be finished is probably a bit unrealistic.

My progress so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment