'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 18 November 2012

Recycling Plastic

Ok, not the most exciting thing to talk about, but environmentally recycling plastic is so important!  The weird thing is it can be really difficult to find where you can recycle this stuff.  One of the biggest issue is the cost for the council; as plastic is light weight, and can be bulking, and they get paid for recycling products by the tonnes so there's not as much incentive to make a priority on the recycling front.  Where I live there are loads of places you can recycle glass and paper, almost every street has a point, and a number of easily reached places for cans and cardboard, but plastic is a little bit more difficult to find.  So I had a little search, online, and found Recycle for Scotland. There's apparently a spot about 15 mins walk from me so I'll be checking that out next week.  Hopefully all my recycling worries will now be over.

Update:
I had a little wonder over to the recycling point today and  found the site I'd been looking at. It recycles cardboard, glass, cans, clothes, book, and - most importantly - plastic.  Perfect! And it is literally 15 mins walk from me. 
I've now set up a new recycling station in my kitchen.
Not the most exciting set up but it works for me.  Not so small that I have to head over constantly, but not so large that I can over fill it.
The jute bag on the left is for cardboard and paper as that's what I recycle the most, mainly junk mail.  The blue bag on the right is going to be for everything else.  With them so obvious it shouldn't be too difficult for me to remember to recycle things.

No comments:

Post a Comment