'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 8 May 2016

Project Pan Update #4 and a Quick Declutter.

So this month hasn't been a particularly good month for using up my products. Firstly I was ill at the beginning and this time it took me a while to feel well enough to even vaguely bother with putting make up on.  My work contract had also ended at the end of March and it seemed a bit pointless putting any on to fill out online applications.  I've never been one to feel that I have to wear make up so I just didn't bother. 
That being said, I still managed to make a fair amount of progress on the eye shadows.  I don't think I'm going to finish all the shadows I wanted to by the end of the year, but I should at least finished the oldest ones. Using the white shadow as a cheek highlight is definitely helping me work through it.  I'm not going to lie, it isn't the most natural highlighting ever, but if it helps use it up I'm happy to be un-natural.  The brown eye-liner is the one I'm most surprised about as it now seems to be going much faster than I expected.
The product I'm most happy with is the Lily Lolo primer as I've now hit pan on the yellow side.  Right now I'm trying to get all the product on the left side and will then work my way around. I use this part of the primer to put over the red areas of my face before I add more product and it works really well for this.  The only thing this product doesn't work well for is an actual eye primer.  I have very oily eyelids and this didn't help keep my eye shadows on, but if you have drier lids it might actually work for you. 
I had hoped to have this Elf Teal eye liner finished by this point, but seeing as I only used it for about 1 week I haven't actually made much progress.  I will be using it almost every day from now on so hopefully the next up-date will mean that's it gone.  Still enjoying the colour though.
This product isn't on my original list, but as it's a colour I don't tend to reach for I wanted to use is up.  It is the Natural Collections Lip Lines pencil in Almond.  However, it really doesn't match my lip colour and looks more orange on me than anything else.  I was using it now and then under my Natural Collections Fig Leaf lip stick to vary the colour and I'm doing the same now with the Mac lipstick I'm trying to use up.  It is a very hard pencil, but does product a good pigment of colour.  I actually quite like using the pencils from this range.
 
While in the past I was trying to work my way through one lipstick at a time I did find that I began to get very bored of it by the end, so I've decided to work on two this time.  They are the Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in Cherry Kiss 840 and the Mac Cremesheen in Creme Cup.  I'm not particularly keen on the smell of either of these, but the Max Factor is particularly unpleasant.  I quite like the colour, but the smell and the fact that Max Factor is not cruelty free means I definitely buy this once it's used up.  It does seem to be going quite quickly though.  The Mac Creme Cup isn't a colour the most people would recommend for my olive skin tone, but as I usually wear a lip liner with this it actually looks fine.  I also find that as my lips are very pigment a swipe of this actually produces a tea rose colour.  Mac is also not cruelty free and so I won't be buying this colour again any way.  I really just brought this to see what the hype is about Mac lip sticks and I while I like the texture I don't think it's much better than any other lipstick.  

I might not have been wearing makeup while I wasn't working but I did decide to go through my stuff and get rid of a whole load of things that I no longer use or like.  The pile ended up being a lot larger than I was expecting and I'm quite pleased about that.
I got rid of a number of tops and pajamas which either had holes in them or are now completely misshapen.  I also got rid of a whole load of boxes, books, and accessories that I had been keeping because I liked the look of but never actually used or reached for.
Next were three pairs of shoes that just hurt my feet.  I was quite upset with the brown boots as I've had those for years and wore them almost every day.  But, unfortunately, all the padding inside was completely gone and even adding inserts didn't make them more comfortable.  I shall be looking for a replacement.
These are a leftover from my stationery obsessed days.  I just kept collecting stationery but then never actually used them.  So I finally gave up and just gave them to a charity shop so someone else can actually get some use out of them.

Now that I have a temp job I'll be back to wearing makeup almost every day and will hopefully have a number of finished products to show next time.

Below are links to all my previous project pan blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment