'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 7 August 2016

Project Pan Update #7 and Other Products

This month hasn't been a particularly good month for actually finishing off products from my project pan, but there has been progress in almost all of products.

When it comes to the eye shadows the white eye shadow is definitely the one that has made the most progress, which is probably due to me also using it as a highlighter, but the grey eyeshadow is the one I'm happiest about as it looks like something is actually happening with it, finally!  The other eyeshadows are going at the same pace as before, but I'm really not holding my breath that any of these are going to be finished in the next five months.  I've added my Natural Collections eyeshadow to the palette to use as a base eyeshadow for blending.

Now for the never ending Elf eyeliner.  It is so small now and yet still going strong.  I'm hoping August will be the month I finally finish this.  That being said, it's clearly good value for money if you're looking for a pigmented eyeliner that lasts for a long time.

This next product is the one I'm most excited about and that is the Lily Lolo eye primer. The yellow primer is almost finished and I am beginning the think that the whole product might actually be finished by the end of the year.  I just need to keep plodding at it.

I have basically only worn my Mac Creme Cup lipstick in July. Yet, despite using it almost every day, it has hardly gone down at all.  I've worn it so much I've got a little bored of it and I think I'll wear different colours this month.  So, I'm swapping this for my Jane Iredale sample lip stain and some of the other testers I have from Urban Decay in August.  I'm also going to wear some of my other lipsticks that have sat in a draw for the last seven months.

A couple of products that I have been working on, but haven't actually put in my updates yet, are the Wella System Professional Polish Cream and from Nature Coconut Lip Butter.  These have been going slow but steady throughout the year and I'm just going to be keep going till they are all gone.  I'm hoping they'll be gone by the end of the year, but I'm not sure about the Polish Cream.

I've finally got back into wearing nail varnish again, but it's going to be a while before another nail polish comes up in this blog.

The last three items are not on my project pan, but are part of my attempt to reduce the number of the products I have.  The first is Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light.  Don't let the fact that all the writing has rubbed off fool you, for the price, this is a really good concealer and works really well and Collection is cruelty free.
The perfume is Jimmy Choo's Illicit.  I don't actually know if Jimmy Choo is cruelty free, but I don't think I'll buy the full size of this as, despite really likely the smell, as the scent does not last very long.  This is my last perfume tester, so now I'll work on my full size perfumes.
Finally, the Urban Decay tester in Ex-girlfriend.  I thought I would really like this as I liked the look of the colour, but I didn't think that it was particularly pigmented enough.  As the colour was very close to my own I was hoping that I could use it to define my lips more, which don't actually have a defined line, but the lack of pigmentation meant that this wouldn't really work.  I might look at the lip pencil though - once I'm through with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment