'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 4 September 2016

Project Pan Update #8 and Other Products

I was a little worried that I wouldn't get too many of the products in my project pan used up this month as my allergies were particularly bad and there were quite a few days where I couldn't wear eye makeup at all.  However, I have actually managed to get through a few items and, under the circumstances, I'm quite happy about that.
Firstly, let's start with that never ending teal Elf eyeliner.  I thought this was never going to stop and, to be honest, there are still some uses in this pencil, but I haven't been able to sharpen it anymore and it's now got stuck in the lid.  There is no amount of hitting this on the table that has got this out of the lid and so it can stay there.  I've now moved onto the Electric Purple Elf eyeliner and I don't think this is going to take anywhere near as long as it's not as pigmented and I have to use much more to get the same look.  This could be due to the age of the pencil though, rather than the actual product itself.  Elf is, of course, cruelty free.
Next is the Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in Forever Pink.  This was much brighter than I was expecting from the colour of the bullet and was unbelievably bright on the cheeks (I only wore it as a cheek stain a couple of times and it didn't seem to last particularly long).  It works really well on the lips, is moisturising, and does add a stain that doesn't transfer.  It's also not particularly hard to get off at the end of the day, I just used my coconut oil as normal.  Once I've finished all my lipsticks and am looking buy more I will have a look at these as they now have the colours Forever Peach and Forever Red.  These products are cruelty free but not vegan as they contain beeswax.  I will now be moving to using up the Mac lipstick in Creme Cup for the rest of the year.  I'm hoping this will be long enough.
 The last used up products from the project pan is the yellow section of the Lily Lolo eye primer that I've been using as a primer on my face.  It was moisturising and did help the mineral foundation I put on top last longer, though not the full working day.  I've now started using the pink section as a face primer as well as just the eye primer I'd been using it for before.  This also helps my eyeshadow last longer than just on it's own, but still not a full working day so I'm expecting this will be the same for the foundation.  This is a cruelty free and vegan product.
The eyeshadows are still carrying on at the same pace as before, so nothing really exciting to write about there.  The most obvious have been the white, which I'm also using as a very obvious highlighter, and the silver, which I was actually beginning to give up on.  I'm still not sure if I will actually going to manage to finish these by the end of the year, but I'll keep plodding along with them anyway.  If these eyeshadows are not finished by the end of the year then I'll decide whether or not I'm going to keep them.  Other than the Natural Collections eyeshadow, none of these are cruelty free.
The nature Coconut lip butter and Wella System Professional Polish Cream are another two products which are just going slow but steady.  I should hopefully finish the lip butter in the next couple of months and will then look for a more natural replacement.  As for the Wella System Professional Polish Cream, it's unlikely that it'll be finished by the end of this project pan year but I'll give it a go.  I'm not going to replace it with anything though as I think my oils already do something similar and I definitely wouldn't say it's a needed product.  As far as I'm aware neither of these are cruelty free.
The last three products are the Pacifica Stellar Gaze Mascara, Urban Decay / Gwen Stefani lipstick sample in Rocksteady, and Zoya Base Coat Ztanor.  The Pacifica mascara I've had to stop using as my eyes have now start having an allergic reaction to it.  It may be that my eyes are just sensitive at the moment, but this wouldn't be the first mineral mascara that my eyes have reacted to do. As for the lipstick, I really like this.  It's a cream lipstick and a beautiful wine, red colour that is pretty good on the pigment front.  You can see my lips through this a little bit, but I have only been wearing it on it's own with only a bit of primer on the outside to prevent feathering.  For me, this is a very easy, everyday red (though obviously not for everyone) that has good staying power even when eating a drinking.  It was also very comfortable to wear.  The Zoya base coat does work well and appeared to help protect my nails from drying.  I'm trying another base coat at the moment, but when I need a new one I will look at this again.  These are all cruelty free, but only Pacifica is definitely vegan.  I believe this Zoya base coat is vegan but I'm not sure about their other colours.

This month is probably not going to be best month for using up products as I will hopefully be doing an outdoor, manual job for which wearing makeup for would just be ridiculous.  I will still be wearing makeup on the weekends though.  I will also carry on working on the non-makeup products so you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment