'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 6 November 2016

Project Pan Update #10 and Other Products

Despite it only being a few weeks since my last project pan post I've actually done quite well (and don't worry there are other blog posts in the pipeline - slight hint there).

So, let's start, as always, with the palette.  The pan is much bigger in the white eyeshadow and I'm actually thinking that I'll be able to finish this by the end of the year.  I'm quite glad about this as it is quite a stark colour to be using as a highlighter for me. I've also almost completely cleared the top of the brown eyeshadow and will probably completely clear this in the next couple of days.  After that I'm just going to keep working down from there. I have a good pan on the silver and the one thing I now know is that silver is definitely not a good shade for my eye colour and complexion and won't get this colour again.  As the pan is so large on the silver I'm now going to just concentrate on the pinky/ purple shade and if I can get a pan on that by the end of the year I'll be happy. I've also put back in the dark grey to see if I can get more use out of it in these last 2 months.  None of these products are from cruelty free companies so I'll be happy to be getting rid of them on the new year.

I'm working through the elf purple eyeliner very quickly and I'm aiming to have this finished by the end of November.  It's definitely not a good quality eyeliner and I have to repeatedly go over the same area to get any real colour.  It also doesn't go through the water line very well and the repeated application at each use means that I usually have to sharpen the pencil every two days.  I have usually found elf eyeliners to be quite good so I think this might just be an age thing.  If I do this finish this liner before the end of November I'll start working through my Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl which is one of my favourite eyeliners, but which I've had for a long time now and should probably use up. Both these companies are cruelty free.

The Lily Lolo eye primer is going along nicely.  I have managed to make quite a large pan which includes the left side of the pan.  I'll be working on the bottom section of the pan over November, but there is still a large amount of product to use and I'm not sure this will be completely finished by the end of December.  Though Lily Lolo is a cruelty free company and I have seen good reviews from people of other products from this company I won't be buying this particular product again - it just doesn't really work with my skin type.

The last product in this project pan is one which I wasn't expecting to make as much progress on as I did and that's my Mac lipstick in Creme Cup. I've been wearing this practically every day and, to make this more wearable for my skin colour, I've been wearing it with my Natural Collection lip liner in Mulberry.  This not only makes it a beautiful tea rose colour, but is also helping me use up the lip liners I have.  Now that I've found the clear, waxing lip liners you can get I'm wanting to use up all my liners that are of a specific colour.  The texture of the Mac lipstick is a nice one, but there are other lipsticks with the same texture and as they are not cruelty free I won't buy their lipsticks again.

The last two products are not part of my project pan but are part of my general attempt to reduce the products I own.  The first is the Harajuku Lovers perfume in Gwen which was part of a Christmas box set a couple of years ago (excuse my reflection in this picture).  This is a lovely coconut scent and I did enjoy using it on a daily basis, but as I'm wanting to go more natural with my perfumes (and I'm not actually sure of their cruelty status) I won't get this specific perfume again.  I'm working through another perfume at the moment, which is the last perfume I actually own, and then I will start buying perfumes that are more naturally based.  I don't think I'll be finished by the end of the year, but I think I'll be close.

The last product is a The Body Shop lotion in Cocoa Butter.  If I'm buying a body moisturizer from The Body Shop I would normally go for a body butter, but I wanted to try this lotion to see if it would work over the summer periods.  It didn't.  Even though my skin is less dry during the summer this still wasn't enough to keep me soft and dry free. You also can't get all the products out of the container without cutting it open.  I did cave at one point and brought a couple more The Body Shop body butters in my favourite, discontinued scent of Smoky Poppy when they were on sale.  I absolutely love this scent and it works well on my skin, but once these are gone I will go back to my very effective plain, old shea butter.

So that's it for this month.  I'll just keep plodding along and hopefully have more to show it the next update.  I did have a moment (a couple of months ago) when I felt a little uninspired as nothing seemed to be moving very quickly, but now that things seem to be moving along again I feel like I have more interest in using these products on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment