'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 26 February 2017

Night Face Moisturiser

Ok, so I know I've said this a 100 times, but I have dry skin and it can be very sensitive to some products.  It has taken me awhile to find products that are more 'natural' than the conventional products, gave my skin enough moisture and didn't cause my skin to itch or go red.  I concentrate on putting moisture back into my skin during the night (my morning routine is pretty simple) and use oil and then a cream.  I'll do another blog on the oils I use, but here are the face moisturisers I've been trying.
After doing some reading about ingredients that are good for dry skin I decided to go for something which contained Vitamin E, known for it's moisturising properties.  I had a nosey in my local Holland and Barrett and found the Dr Organic Vitamin E Cream.  This was a lovely product, sunk into the skin really well, and I liked that, while I mainly used it on my face, I could use it anywhere I had dry patches.  It's also vegan, cruelty free, and paraben and fragrance free.  The fact that it's in a glass jar is also a plus when it comes to reducing waste.  Definitely worth having a look at and I will probably buy it again in the future.
Next I tried the Barefoot SOS Face & Body Rescue Cream that I had a sample of.  Designed specifically for dry and sensitive skin, this seemed like the perfect solution.  This product is also vegan and cruelty free, as well as being free from a whole load of synthetic products including parabens and sulphates.  Though it does contain essential oils it didn't irritate my skin at all and did leave my face feeling very soft and nourished.  The only problem I had was that I could still feel it sitting on my face after a couple of hours and I don't like that feeling.  I might think about getting this as a hand and dry patches moisturiser, but not as a face moisturiser.
Another product that I first got as a tester, but then brought as the full product, was the Green People Fruitful Nights Night Cream.  I love this stuff.  It smells amazing and did really feel like it was moisturising my face, though maybe not as well as the first two products.  Vegan, cruelty free and free from a number of synthetic products, it also donates some of it's profits to charity.  Green People is a great company and I don't think I've not enjoyed a product I've bought from them.  I am very tempting to buy this again and probably will in the future, but as I'm trying to streamline my beauty products right now I wanted to see if I could find something that could be multiply purpose, like Dr Organic Vitamin E Cream and Barefoot SOS Face & Body Rescue Cream.  This product is also on the slightly pricey side.
The last product that I got (and am still using) is the Jason Revitalizing Vitamin E 5,000 i.u.  I decided to go for another Vitamin E product as I felt it did so well before and this has been very effect.  Jason is another environmentally friendly company and all their products are vegetarian (though I believe this one is vegan), cruelty free, and free from the usual synthetic ingredients.  They also support Care, a charity that helps girls go to school.  As a product it has done a good job at moisturising and has been something that I could use on other areas of my body where there has been dry patches.  During my time using this I had also used up my last eye moisturiser and have just been using this instead of buying a new eye moisturiser.  It has done a very good job in this role as well and hasn't irritated my sensitive eyes at all.  You also get a lot of product for not a lot of money so is well worth getting.  The only downside for this product is that it comes in a plastic container, but seeing as it lasts for such a long time I don't feel as bad using it.  I've almost finished this one, my second pot, and am going to buy it again.  However, this time I'm thinking of going for the 25,000 i.u. as my skin has been unusually dry recently so I want something stronger.

So that's all the moisturisers I have tried so far and it may not seem like a lot, but all of these products take a long time to use.  I love the fact that I have found a multi-tasker which I can use on my face, eyes, and body.  Definitely makes life a lot easier.

If you have a moisturiser that you like let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment