'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 2 April 2017

Project Pan 17 Update #3 and no other products this time.

I wasn't sure how many of the products I was going to be able to get through this month, if any, so I wasn't expected this month to be a particularly successful one.  This is especially true as I wasn't wearing any makeup in the last week of March.  That being said, there is one product that I am getting rid of and a couple where I am very close to finishing.

The product that I'm getting rid of is the Max Factor Glossfinity nail polish in Raspberry Blush.  This is the polish that I've been concentrating on over the last 3 months and, though it isn't completely finished, it has become so thick it is now too difficult to use.  The colour is quite nice, but isn't one I would normally go for and, of course, Max Factor is not cruelty free so I won't be buying this one again.  It also didn't last particularly long with all the typing I do.

There has been the same steady progress in the three shadows I have been concentrating on this month, which are The Body Shop purple eyeshadow, The Body Shop shadow in Coconut About Me, and the Natural Collection shadow in Sea Shell.  Even though I have been using Sea Shell every day that I've been wearing makeup as a highlight I haven't seen as much progress as I would have expected, so I'm going to concentrate on it more over the next month.  These are all from companies that are cruelty free, but as I'm trying to downsize everything I own it's unlikely I will buy these again.

There has been more progress this month on the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner in Superblack than in the past (even with missing a week) and I'm expecting to see even more over the next month.  It is a good product, but doesn't seem to have as much staying power in my waterline as I remembered it used to - or maybe my eyes are just more watery at the moment.

I have made a lot more progress in the NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee then I was actually expecting and you can see right through parts of it so I am expecting it to be finished by the end of the upcoming month.  However, I'm not holding my breath as I've found in the past the products I thought were almost finished lasted for ages.  This is a very nice product and very easy to apply.  NYX is also cruelty free, but I won't buy this again as I have realised I'm really not a lip gloss/ butter gloss type of girl.

The Wella System Professional Polish Cream is another product that is very close to being finished.  I've been remembering to apply this to be hair on a regular basis this month and I think I only have another weeks worth or product in here, as long as I carry on remembering to apply it as before.  With regular use I can now definitely say that, while it does help a little with frizz, it's definitely more to do with the products I am using to clean my hair rather than this item in particular.

As before, and despite using them on a daily basis, there is no obvious progress in the Barbara Day eye primer, the MUA powder foundation in Shade 4, and the Bourjois blush in Ceidre 48.  The blush is obviously getting old as I am regularly having to scratch off the top layer that has hardened, but this doesn't seem to have increased the progress by any significant amount.  I will keep using them and hope to at least reach pan by the end of the year.

There is no significant progress in the Jean Paul Gaultier Eau De Parfum.  Thankfully I do really like the scent of this, in fact it's known as my signature scent, so using it on a daily basis has not been a problem.  This will definitely be a product that lasts until the end of the year, but I'm happy to keep using it until then.

I haven't finished any additional products this month and actually that's a good thing as the reason is because I have now gotten rid of practically all the additional products I used to have.  A couple of items may appear here and there, but these should now be few and far between.

To see my previous posts on my 2017 Project Pan:

No comments:

Post a Comment