'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 17 September 2017

My Morning Routine - Beauty


This is going to be an unbelievably quick post as the number of products that I use are very small in number, unlike my nighttime routine.


I thought I'd start first with my toothbrush and toothpaste as these weren't written about in my previous blog.  I use the Monte Bianco toothbrush in Soft.  I like using this as the head of the brush can be removed meaning that you only have to throw away a tiny part of the toothbrush when it's time to change it reducing the amount of waste I produce (the replacement heads are as easy to find as they used to be so I may have to look at getting a different toothbrush).  The toothpaste is the AloeDent Aloe Vera Sensitive (fluoride free) and I've really been loving this toothpaste.  I've had to be careful about using more natural toothpastes as I have sensitive teeth, but this hasn't caused any issues and has in fact really helped with my sensitivity.  I also like that there isn't a really strong mint flavour.


After brushing my teeth I splash luke warm water on my face.  This is instead of washing my face, which I don't feel the need to do in the mornings and which can really dry my skin out.  After that I moisturizer with the Jason Age Renewal Vitamin E 25,000 I.u.  This is a really good, versatile moisturizer and I use it on many parts of my body.  On my face it really helps combat dryness (mainly around my nose) and is the first layer I put on to protect my skin from the outdoors.


The last product I put on is the Jason Facial Sunscreen in SPF 20.  I love this product, have used it for years, and keep buying it.  It is a physical sunblock, doesn't break me out or dry my skin up, and is very effective.  I know I live in Scotland but I still wear this everyday to protect from the UV you still get up here and it helps as an additional protection from the weather.

And that is it.  A very quick but effective morning routine much less complicated than my nighttime routine.  It does exactly what I need it to and there doesn't seem to be any reason why I should complicate it.

So what do you use in your morning routine? Do you keep it simple or are there a number of products you use to help you start your morning? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment