'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 7 April 2019

Project Pan 2019 - Update #1


We are a quarter of the way through the year and I have only got through two products.  However, I knew that this year was going to be a slow and possibly difficult year when it comes to using things up.



Let's start with the products I have used up, starting with the Argan Oil hair treatment.  I had stopped using this as a hair treatment as my hair no longer needs moisture added to it and was using it as a body moisturiser instead.  Due to that I actually used this up within the first month.



The Urban Decay lip liner in Ozone was the next product to go.  I've had this product for a long time so I was glad to move this out.  It's a very good product and works very well at keeping the lip product on your lips and only on your lips.  Urban Decay is also cruelty free.  If I was going to buy another lip liner once I've used all my other lip liners up it would be this one as it's very effective and can be used with multiple lip colours.



Another of the roll over products from last year was the NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector in Light / Pale.  This is going as slow and steady as it did last year and I should be finished by the end of this year.  It is quite a good product at reducing the colour of my undereye circles, but doesn't give as much coverage as I would like.



The last roll over product is the Living Nature eye liner in Midnight (from 7.1cm to 6.3cm).  As I have been wearing red lipstick every time I wear makeup I have only been doing a line on my upper lash line and no smokey eyes.  That means I haven't used that much of this liner this quarter.



And the red lipstick I've been concentrating on is the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani lipstick in 714 (from 2.9cm to 1.8cm).  I wasn't sure if I would like wearing this after I had gotten so used to wearing dark lipstick in my last project pan / use up.  But I actually really love this colour, it's actually the colour I have always wanted, especially with it being matte.  However, even though it's matte it hasn't dried my lips out at all.  This will definitely be done by the end of the year and maybe by the end of the next quarter.



The lip liner I have been using with this is the Barry M lip liner in Red or 3 (which I've had for years) (from 6.2cm to 5.3cm).  Despite the fact I use it to fill in all my lips before I put on my lipstick it isn't going down as fast as I thought it would.  The colour is also a very beautiful red and, though a much warmer tone, goes really well with the 714 lipstick.  I expect this to be finished by the end of the year as well.



I hadn't used the NYX Powder Blush in Taupe in over a year and I had forgotten how much I loved it, but as a contouring product not a blush.  It looks really natural, but you don't need to use a lot so it is probably going to be years before this is gone.  The same can be said for the The Balm highlighter in Mary-Lou Manizer.  This is a beautiful highlighter and actually looks quite natural (at least in the way I put it on).  It will take a very long time to use it up, but I'm not sure I'm that bothered about that for either of them. 



Lastly is the Buxom eye shadow palette in Dolly's Wild Side.  These are beautiful colours and very easy to use.  I use Lingerie Lover as the all over shade, Spoiled Sexy as the crease colour, Silk Sheets as an inner highlight, and Wild Nights as a liner for my lower lash line.  I go between Champagne Buzz and Mink Magnet as my main eye shadow colour.  Not surprisingly I've put quite a dent in Lingerie Lover, and there are some little dents forming in Champagne Buzz and Wild Nights.  It will be interesting to see how this goes through out the year.



I haven't even touched the The Body Shop black liquid eyeliner (though I really should with the red lipstick), The Body Shop lip liner in Hot Date, or The Body Shop Matte lip liquid in Tahiti Hibiscus.  I'm not going to touch the lip products until I have finished what I am using at the moment, but I think I'll bring the liquid eyeliner into my daily makeup as a change now and then from the pencil.

So, not too bad a start, though obviously more would be better.  I wonder how the next three months will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment