'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 29 September 2019

Project Pan 2019 - Update #3


As predicted, this quarter has been a very slow one, not helped by the fact that I've been wearing make up a lot less over the last few months.  That being said I have still managed to get through the couple of items I had hoped for in the last update.  Of the products left two are going to be difficult to actually track progress on as it is difficult to see through the packaging.  So it looks like I'll just have to keep using them until nothings seems to come out of the packaging.  Fingers crossed that happens before the end of 2019.  



Starting with the products I've finished, the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani lipstick in 714 was the first to go.  If there was going to be a red lipstick I would make myself then this would be it.  It's exactly what I want with the right shade, blue undertones, and a matt finish.  It also has really good staying power with very little transfer.  It's basically the perfect red for me and Urban Decay is cruelty free.  However, having spent many years wearing lipstick all the time I am wondering if that's really something I want to bother with anymore and, once my lipsticks are done, I'm going to go without to see how that goes.  If I do decide to carry on wearing lipsticks I'm probably going to go for more natural ones any way, so it's unlikely I'll be buying this again.  But I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a red lipstick.


The next thing to go was the The Body Shop lip liner in Hot Date.  I actually liked this product a lot more than I thought I would, probably because tea rose is one of my favourite lip colours.  It's also very creamy and easy to apply, though that does mean that it's staying power wasn't the best - at least on the lips.  I have regularly just used it on it's own as a lip colour with some lip balm and have also tried putting it on my cheeks as a bit of a stain (it actually worked really well as a cheek stain so definitely give that a try is you have it).  The end of this lip liner is actually the end of all my lip liners, which I am very happy about and I don't intend on buying anymore lip liners from now on.  If I do get any lip products in the future it will just be a lipstick or stain that I can just use on it's own.  The Body Shop is cruelty free (though it's parent company isn't) and I would recommend this liner is you're looking for something that has a creamy texture to it.



The Body Shop black liquid eyeliner is one of the products where I really have no idea how far along I am.  There is definitely less product coming out on the applicator then when I first started using it (which is actually making it easier to use but does mean that I have to dip the applicator back in more often), but there's no real sign that I'm close to finishing it.  I may just keep using it until the recommend shelf life is up and then stop for hygiene reasons, but I'll see how it goes.  Now that I've got used to using this I actually quite like it and the look it gives.  It does need a couple of coats to make it properly black and it does begin to flake off a little bit by the end of the day, but the applicator makes it very user friendly and it's definitely one of better ones I used in all my time wearing makeup.



Then there's The Body Shop Matte lip liquid in Tahiti Hibiscus, which I have finally got into wearing this quarter.  It's definitely a lot redder than I was expecting from the outer packaging and I quite like it.  When it comes to staying power the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani lipstick definitely beats it and I did find the lip liquid on my teeth a few times (always attractive), but it is very comfortable on the lips and doesn't seem to dry mine out at all.  This is another one where it difficult to tell how far a long you are and the only indicator I have is that I now have to wiggle the applicator a bit more to get any product out.  I may have to just do the same thing as I'm going to do with the liquid eyeliner and use it until they recommend you chuck it for hygiene reasons.



And lastly the NYX Powder Blush in Taupe and The Balm highlighter in Mary-Lou Manizer.  They are both finally beginning to show signs of progress and I can see where the products are beginning to go down.  I still don't think I'll actually see pan by the end of the year but it's good to know I am going through these products, especially as so little is needed with each application.  They will probably both be rolled over to what I hope is going to be my last project pan in 2020.



That's it for this update with eight products gone and four left to go.  Obviously I would have hoped that I'd have been further along than this but it's still pretty good progress.  I'm already looking at what I have left in my stash for next year, which I think is actually going to be more of a year of testing things out and deciding what I want to keep rather than a panning project, but more on that later.  The Body Shop liquid eyeliner and liquid lip are the two products I'm really going to be concentrating on now and, fingers crossed, they'll be done in the next three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment