'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 29 December 2019

Project Pan 2019 - Update #4


January 2019
This was a quarter of nice surprises when it came to my project panning.  I thought that it would be a quarter where I was working my way through products with a plan to finishing them next year.  However, I actually managed to meet my targets for pretty much all of the items this year.



Starting with The Body Shop black liquid eyeliner.  I really had no idea how far along I was with this, but I actually managed to finished it in November.  By that point it was getting pretty difficult to get product out of the packaging and I needed to dip it in repeatedly to just do one line on my eyelid.   Once I had gotten used to using liquid eyeliner again I really liked this product and the look that it gave me.  It stayed on really well throughout the day even on my oily eyelids, was well pigmented, and the applicator was very easy to use.  The Body Shop is also cruelty free (at least at the moment) and so I would recommend this product it you're looking for a liquid eyeliner to try.  I won't be buying any more liquid eyeliner whilst I try to use up some other products, but I will look at this again once it's time to buy a new eye liner.



Unfortunately I can't say the same for The Body Shop Matte lip liquid in Tahiti Hibiscus.  I had got to the point with this product where it was also getting more difficult to get products out of the packaging, but not enough to really mean that you couldn't get a good lip coverage from it.  However, whilst I really liked the colour on my lips I didn't like the product itself.  This was mainly because I couldn't work out a way of stopping it from going on my teeth, and I tried a variety of things.  I put on very little, I smudged it in, I did the finger through the lips tactic, I licked the back of my lips...….and nothing worked.  It still got on my teeth.  So once it started to get difficult to use I was happy to call it quits.



And now for the product I am really surprised by, The Balm highlighter in Mary-Lou Manizer.  I really didn't expect to hit pan on this at all this year, but there it is a tiny little bit of the pan peaking through.  I've started using other areas of the product now to work through it evenly and I'm also still using it every time I put on my makeup as I do really like it.  It looks very bright in the pan and when you initially put it one, but once I've worked it in a little it actually looks surprisingly natural and pretty on my skin.  I don't think I'll put it in another project pan, but I am just going to keep using it until it's all gone.  The Balm is also cruelty free, however this highlighter does contain Mica in it so I don't think I'll buy it again once it's finished (unless the ingredients change or it can be guaranteed that the mica has been ethically sourced).



Lastly is the NYX Powder Blush in Taupe and it's still going strong.  I use this every time I put on makeup too, as a under cheek natural contour, as an eye crease colour, and under the eyes as a definition shadow.  However, there is still no pan.  I do still really love this product so I can't decided whether I want to roll this over to next year's pan or just put it back into my make up bag to use up like The Balm highlighter.  NYX is also cruelty free, but it also contains the problem Mica ingredient so I won't buy this again either.  I'm also wanting to streamline my makeup in the long run and contouring is probably a step that I will take out without really missing it.

December 2019
All in all this hasn't been too bad a year when it comes to using up my makeup.  It now all fits into my one make up bag, including one relatively big palette.  I'm happy with the progress, but I definitely want to keep reducing it more.  Now that wearing makeup is no longer part of my work life I'm really don't see myself wearing it much at all (apart from doing these project pans) and so even having this number of products seems silly to me.  At the moment I'm working out what I want to put in next year's project pan and I think that that project will probably be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment