'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 12 July 2020

Project Pan 2020 Update #2


As expected after last quarter's many use ups, this quarter has been pretty slow with only one original product gone along with an add on one.  Lockdown has meant that I've basically worn makeup every day as I haven't been able to work, do any other outdoor activities that really don't require any form of makeup, and it's been good to have something to add to my day to help the time pass.  There's not really much else to say so let's just get to it.


The Mistine Cosmetics OHH Lipstick No. 01 is now completely finished.  This was my final lip colour and I'm going to go lipstick free until the end of this year to decide what I want to do next.  This was a really nice colour, good texture, and had pretty good staying power.  It also didn't dry out my lips too much which is always good for a matt lipstick.  However,  I won't be buying this lipstick again as I can't find out anything about its cruelty-free status.


The last original product left is the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette.  As with all palettes, this is taking its time, but I am getting to every shadow and using a number of them for more than just eye colour.  I was using Bathwater as my highlighter but now that I have a good pan on it I've moved to Blonde.  Zone is now my all-over base eyeshadow instead of Anaheim as I've started using Anaheim as my contouring shadow, and it's actually a really good colour for that.  I've also started using Stark to set my concealer as well as it's not a bad match for my skin tone and, now that I no longer have a lipstick to wear, I've started doing much darker eye looks, which means me using much more of the shadows then were being used before.  This includes using Danger as my undereye liner as the blue coincides with the blue of my eyes and it's a subtle but nice pop of colour.  This should mean that I get through a number of these shadows pretty quickly by the end of the year, hopefully.


Now for the two products that I've added to this project pan as an incentive to use them up.  There's nothing wrong with either of these products specifically, they are just getting a bit old.  The first is the Fair Squared Shea Lip Balm, which I started really working on at the beginning of June and managed to finish in June as there wasn't nearly as much as I thought there was.  It's a good moisturiser, but it does leave a weird feeling film on your lips and, even if you put on just a little bit, leaves white bits in the corners of your mouth.  There is also a slightly weird taste, which is probably why I was put off using it, to begin with.  The other balms that came in the pack were really good though and I would recommend them overall.  They're also fairtrade, vegan, and cruelty-free.


The last item I've added is the Welsh Lavender Ltd Farmers' Hand Cream.  I didn't really feel like I needed this too much at the moment as I'm not doing my usual manual work.  However, I am doing a lot of hand washing and I've noticed that there are some dry patches forming so moister would be a really good thing right now.  It's a good incentive to use this up as I have had it for quite a while now.  It's also a really nice cream, so if you can get it I would recommend it.

So that's it for now. I can't believe how few items I actually have left in this project compared to the projects I've had over the last few years.  The number of beauty products I own has definitely gone down and I'm really happy about that.  I'm thinking I probably will do another project next year just to work out what I actually want to keep, but that will be the last one and, hopefully, I won't find myself in another situation where I need to do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment