'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 11 October 2020

Project Pan 2020 Update #3

Exactly as I was expecting, this quarter has slowed down quite a bit as I basically only have the palette to work on now and I haven't even been wearing make up that regularly these last three months.  

That being said getting through the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette has been going quite well.  Now that I've reached pan on Blonde I've moved onto Skimp as my highlighter colour, which I'm hoping to pan on by the end of the year.  I've also managed to get quite a good pan in Stark, so I'm not going to work on it anymore as I want to reach pan on other colours.  The one colour I was expecting to see more progress on was Anaheim as I use it as my contour colour, but I do use it more evenly so maybe there's more progress happening then it actually looks.  What I'm hoping is that the pan will suddenly appear........in the next three months.  These are not the easiest shadows to work with as they are quite chalky, but I'll keep working on them and we'll see where we are by the end of this year.  After using it for nine months though, I think I'm pretty certain I'm going to be decluttering it by the end of this year.

The good thing about all this hand washing is that I've had to put on more hand cream, which has made using up this Welsh Lavender Ltd Farmers' Hand Cream much easier.  This was one of my add on items and I wasn't expecting to finish it this quarter so I'm quite happy that it's gone, even if the reason for it isn't that great.  I really like this product.  It works really well, smells amazing, is in a reusable /recyclable packaging, supports a UK farm, and this product is vegan.  However, I couldn't find anywhere that said if it was cruelty free or not.  I would like to buy this again, and other products they have, but I think I'll find out from them if they test on animals first.  Would recommend otherwise.

All this means last quarter is going to be all about the eye shadow palette.  However, depending on what job I manage to get, if I manage to get a job, I'm not sure how much of an opportunity there will be to actually wear make up.  So, how much I'll get through this quarter is going to be anyone's guess, but if I can get a couple more pans before the end of this year I'll be very happy.

2 comments:

  1. I was struggling with my projects in Q3 as well, I don't know why it happens every single year. Now, again, I'm feeling motivated for some reason...
    Good luck with job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Q3 always seems like the Wednesday of the year. You just have to get through it. Thanks for the luck, it's hard for everyone at the moment.

      Delete