'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 27 December 2020

Project Pan 2020 Update #4

This is my last blog of 2020 and it seems almost appropriate that, after such a year, it's something as mundane as a project pan update.  Especially one this short.

This quarter I only had the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette to work on, except it didn't exactly go to plan in as much as I basically stopped wearing make-up.  That being said, I still managed to hit pan on Skimp (it's small but it is there), but not on Zone as I had hoped.  I did really like a number of the colours in this pan, especially Steady and Baby, but the actual quality of the shadows is not great as they're quite chalky and I find them difficult to blend.  I'm going to wear this for one more week and then I'm going to move it out of my makeup bag.  It has had a good round so I don't feel too bad about not using it up completely before letting it go.  Urban Decay is a cruelty-free company and most of their products are good quality items, this one just falls a little bit short on that front. 

One thing this palette has shown me is that I don't really like using eye shadow as an eyeliner, I much prefer a pencil.  Not the most important revelation this year, but good to know none the less.  I am going to do one last project pan next year and then that should be me down to the amount of makeup I actually want to have now.  I just need to decide exactly what it is I want to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment