'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 6 November 2022

October 2022 Budget

Well October shot by fast.  Is it really November all ready? At least things are starting to get back on track when it comes to our finances.


As always our own emergency funds and credit cards are where they need to be and we where able to put just over £700 into our four month emergency fund, which I'm very happy about. It might be building up slowly, but at least it is going up.


We did have a slight hiccup, especially one week where I forgot to take cash out so we used our cards instead, when it came to our groceries.  It definitely shows what a difference using cash instead of just swiping your card makes to how you spend your money.  The eating out is also connected to some family time and we're happy to spend money on that.  Despite that we have managed to mostly keep to our budget so I'm happy with it despite that.

One positive is that fuel has been been quite low this month, despite the actual cost of fuel not being, mainly because I haven't needed to drive as far for work this month.  We've also been pretty good on our spending, though again family time and there has been a start to Christmas shopping which does feel a little bit early but there we are.  My pension payments have been a little higher this month as I've been trying to catch up on that week I missed.  I should only have to do it for another month and then it can go back to normal.  Obviously I'll need to keep an eye on this though, as it may be that we just can't afford it.  

So October hasn't been quite as good as we could have made it, but still better than previous month's and we're getting onto the habits that will help us work better with our money.  Only a couple months to go now and, apart from a little long weekend we have planned, I plan for us to be well behaved on those months.

No comments:

Post a Comment