'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 16 April 2023

Crafting 2023 Update #1

I wasn't sure how much I was going to actually get done this quarter, especially as I wanted to put aside  more time to read and keep up a diary.  However, I still managed to get a fair few things completed.

Completion and Use Up Projects


This is where I put most of my focus this quarter and I did manage to get most of these done, which is really satisfying.  The only thing I slightly changed is that I secured the pompom on the hat better rather than make it smaller.  I just like the ridiculous over sizeness of it.  The only things I have left to do involves using up the fabric and wool I have from previous projects.  These are:

  • Making a matching tie to my dress
  • Leftover fabric top
  • Crochet crop top using left over wool
  • Knitted /crochet strappy top using left over wool

The Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings Cross- stitch - Riverdale


This is now complete and I love the way this looks.  I've stored it with my Hobbiton one and they'll need to be put in frames at some point.  I'm still not sure how I want them framed though, so they might just sit together for now whilst I make that decision.  I have another cross stitch I want to finish first before I move on with this series, but I plan to get back to it by the end of this year.

Icelandic Jumper

I wasn't planning on finishing this one so quickly, but I actually managed to get it completed in this quarter.  It was just such an easy jumper to knit and I might make another one in the future.  The only issue I have is that, even though I did all the measurements etc it did end up being tighter than I had originally planned.  I don't think it has anything to do with the instructions in the pattern but more to do with the type of wool I used and the fact I can never get this measuring thing right.  It's still very, very warm though, despite being on the tight side.  This didn't end up being quite the free project I was hoping for as I did have to purchase a couple more skeins of wool, but still cheaper than it would have been otherwise.  The pattern is Afmæli by Hélène Magnússon and I would recommend it as it was very easy to follow.


There is another project I'm working on at the moment, but it's a gift for someone so I'm going to put it into the next update.  It has kept me sane though whilst I was moving, with all the things that activity brings.   And that is mostly what I craft for if I'm honest.  I love the products that come out of my hobby, it's very satisfying, but I mostly do it because it keeps my hands busy and my mind calm.  Cost wise it's been pretty good with me only needing to buy a few supplies this time, but the projects coming up will be a little different.  However I plan on using some of the money I will hopefully get back from my tax return to get some of the products.  This means, that as that money has already been accounted for, they'll basically be free as well. 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment