'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 15 October 2023

Crafting 2023 Update #3

It's been a pretty steady quarter when it comes to getting some crafting done.  I haven't exactly stuck to what I had planned to do this year, with a few extra projects creeping in, and I think a few projects will be moving over to next year, but as I'm crafting for fun I'm not too bothered about it.

Completion and Use-Up Projects.
There are still a couple of projects to do on this list, but they are ones that will take a little while to do, especially the top, and I need to find some time that I can just set aside for them.  However, I am still planning on getting these done by the end of 2023.

The Maggie and Coddy Jumpers.
I have now finished the Coddy jumper for my husband.  I'd never knitted with cotton yarn before and it feels very different on the needles and through the fingers.  I will have to see how the loose threads do as they don't bind in the same way that wool does, but I'll just keep an eye on those.  Otherwise, I am very happy with how this has turned out and will now start working on my own jumper, which happily means going back to good old wool.

More Socks.
Not exactly surprising as these don't take too long to make, but I've finished the socks that my friend requested and I think they turned out pretty well.  Apparently, they also fit quite well, which I'm surprised at as I didn't really have their measurements to work from.

Double Knit Shawl and Jumper (2793).
One of Ed's friends is having a baby and when we were in a craft shop I came across some wool and knitting patterns that were on sale.  So, it seemed like a match made in heaven and a good enough reason to go all granny and make them a baby shawl.  There was also the extra wool to make the world's tiniest jumper, which is taking almost no time at all to make.  So I've now decided that this is the only size of jumper I'm going to make in the future.  If anyone requests a jumper I'm just going to make this tiny version of it and send that to them instead.

Field of Fucks Cross-stitch.
By Fandom Cross Stitchery

I now have all the material I need to make this and I'm looking forward to getting back into cross-stitching.  I don't think it's going to take me too long to do either, so I should get this finished by the end of the year ready to start the New Year with the right type of sentiment.

Quilling.
This is a craft I did when I was much younger and I'm thinking I'm going to give it a go for our Christmas cards this year.  I'm hoping they don't take me too long to do as I am starting them quite late, but I'm just going to not put too much pressure on myself and enjoy revisiting this hobby, we can always buy the other cards if we need to.

I actually hadn't planned on doing as much crafting this year as last, but I seem to have done just as much.  I do really enjoy creating things, but it does mean that I'm not doing other things I enjoy, like reading.  It's unlikely that I'll get around to sewing the trousers and dress I had planned to do this year, but I don't exactly need them so they can wait until next year which is probably going to be a year of sewing in the way this year seems to have been the year of knitting.  Anything clothes-wise that I make now is just for me to enjoy rather than filling in my wardrobe.  If I do finish what I have planned for this year I will be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment