'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 14 January 2024

Crafting 2024

Despite a number of other hobbies I want to focus on this year I am planning on carrying on with the crafting, especially some of the sewing projects I have on my list.  However, I'm not going to set any specific goals for myself this time.  Instead, I'm going to just work my way through my list, with no time scale planned, and see where I end up at the end of the year.  This is partly because of the previously mentioned other hobbies, but it's also because I don't want crafting to become a chore.  



Here is a list of the projects I'm hoping to work my way through over the next few years (though obviously there are many more on top of that):

  • Quilling Christmas cards
  • Finish knitting the Maggie Jumper
  • Sew the Field of Fucks cross-stitch
  • Crochet a crop top with leftover yarn
  • Re-knit the Icelandic jumper in a larger size
  • Knit matching mittens to my hat
  • Sew a left-over fabric top
  • Sew the Welcome to Erebort cross-stitch
  • Sew a Grogu fabric top
  • Sew the cropped trousers
  • Crochet a long-sleeved top
  • Sew the cut embroidered dress
  • Sew an apron
  • Knit the Underwing mitts
  • Knit another vintage cardigan in simpler yarn
  • Start crocheting a leftover yarn blanket
  • Start sewing a leftover fabric quilt

It's quite a long list and there's no way I'll get them all completed by the end of the year or even the end of two years.  There are also a lot of sewing projects on this list, which means that this year will be a year of sewing, whereas last year was more about knitting.  It'll be good to get back into sewing as I feel like I have lost a little bit of skill on that front.  And that's it really.  This isn't a particularly long post, but then it didn't need to be.  I'll keep you updated on what I get done as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment