'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 4 February 2024

Rolling Project Pan Update #2


It's been a couple of months now since my last update and I have been wearing makeup again, on and off.  I've gotten rid of a few more items and my makeup bag is beginning to look more like how I want it to in the long run.


The Bain and Saron Vegan Cake Mascara had actually dried up too much for me to use anymore so that's just had to go straight into the bin.  It's a shame that I didn't get to try it out again, but I can't really imagine it would have worked out differently from when I last used it.  Still, it's a shame to throw away so much product.


There are now only two lipsticks left.  The GXVE lipstick in Original Recipe, which I am going to use up and then replace with a lip pencil, and the Beauty Bakerie lip whip in Mon Cheri which I'm in two minds about still.  I wore this to my wedding and I really love the colour so I want to use this up completely.  However, it does come off the centre of my lips strangely during the day and it's quite difficult to get off.  I'm going to keep wearing it for a little bit longer and make a decision then.


I did also get rid of some tools as well as I had duplicates of one item (an eyebrow brush that's in a style that I just don't use), some mascara wands I brought for the mascara cake and haven't used, and an eyeliner brush that I don't need for the style of makeup I do.  I have kept a couple of brushes that I'm not using right now, but that I know I will use in the future as my makeup changes.


I'm also going to get rid of this Lipcote that I bought many years ago as it's supposed to help stop your lipstick from coming off and it does, I just don't use it as it turns out it doesn't actually bother me that much.  This is very old now and I probably shouldn't be putting it anywhere near my lips.


And that's it.  It's probably going to be a while before I do another update on this as I basically have to wait until I've used up some more products.  However, it feels good to be getting rid of things that I'm not actually using anymore instead of just holding onto them out of guilt.  Bye, bye things.

No comments:

Post a Comment