'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 2 December 2018

Project Use Up Update #11


The final month is now on it's way and it's very clear now which products I have a chance of finishing by the end of the year and which I really don't.  Whilst I obviously hoped to finish all of this items this time around I'm still pretty pleased with the amount of progress I have got done so far.


Let's start with the got bit.  I have finally used up the MUA lipstick in Raven.  I really like MUA as a brand as the products are pretty good quality for the price and they are cruelty free.  I was also surprised by the fact that I actually quite liked wearing a black lipstick.  Dark colours tend to suit me, but I wasn't expecting black to.  The only thing I didn't like was how glossy this product was, which meant it didn't last very long and tended to get everywhere.  If, for some reason, I decided to get another black lipstick it will need to be matt.  However, if you like black, glossy lipsticks I would recommend this one.  That now only leaves the Gosh Velvet lipstick in Matte Plum to go and I think I can get this finished by the end of December.


Next is the Living Nature eye liner in Midnight.  Progress is slightly slower this month as I don't like doing a full on smoky eye when I'm wearing a dark lipstick.  It's still going down however and I will definitely be a carrying it on to next year's project.  It hasn't got the best staying power and I do find smudges under my eyes, but nothing too bad.


NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector in Light / Pale is another slow and steady, and I've managed to take off another section.  I'm pretty sure this will also be another carry over to next year.  The creaminess of this product (an issue in summer) has actually turned out to be a blessing over the colder months and it's definitely holding up better now that the temperature has dropped.


Let's not even discuss the Barbara Day Even Smoother eye primer in Vanilla.  We all know where this one is going.


And lastly the Argan Oil hair treatment.  I've used up all my liquid shampoos and am now testing out a shampoo bar, which has turned out to possibly be a little bit too oily for my hair type.  This means I haven't needed to / wanted to use a hair oil and so progress has slowed right now.  I'm going to leave it for a couple of weeks and see if my hair settles down once it gets used to the shampoo bar as I may need to go back to using a hair treatment.  If it doesn't then I will need to find another use for this product, possibly a body moisturiser, to get it used up.  Either way it's going to be a carry over to next year.

My progress so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment