'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Saturday 1 December 2012

Empties #1

As anyone trying to use up products will know, it takes a lot longer then you would expect.  But I have decided to work my way through my stash to use up items that have been sitting there for a while and to reduce the duplicates so that's what I'm doing.  This is what I've got through so far.

24 Hour Naked - Coco de Mer Body Butter.
I have to admit I love this stuff, I smell totally edible, but its not moisturising enough for my skin in the winter and I can't buy it again until I've used up the other moisturisers.  Just a self tanning moisturiser (I have no idea why I brought this) and a body butter from the Body Shop and I'm out of moisterisers.

Botanics Enlivening Body Polish.
Not a big fan of this.  It's meant to exholicate your skin and have oils to help moisturise at the same time, but I didn't really find that it work particularly well.  The crushed shells didn't help exholiate by skin and the oils weren't concentrated enough to actually add any conditioning to my skin.  It's discontinued now, but I wouldn't buy it again even if it wasn't. 
Actually I've decided not to buy anymore body scrubs at all, but instead I'm going to use something a bit more mechanical (and Japanese) to help remove the dead skin and detox the skin intself. A dry skin brush to brush up my body before I take a shower. Mine's from Botanics at Boots.

Scrubby, scrubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment