'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Saturday 1 December 2012

Sorting my clothing.

Ok, I'm not exactly a clothing hoarder and I can fit most of it into a tiny little wardrobe.
With an unbelieveably large number of jumpers in the back.
(There's more in there, I'd just have to take all my clothes out to really show them all.)  But, despite the small number it's definitely more than I really need and, while I do wear all of it throughout the year, I reach for some items for more than others.
So here's the plan.  Realistically I only need 5 of each item to be happy (5 strappy tops, 5 short sleeved tops, 5 long sleeved tops, 5 skirts - I actually only have 3 at the moment -, 5 dresses, and 5 trouses - shorts aren't really needed where I live), though I'll keep the number of jumpers higher as I definitely need to be able to layer those.  As I have more than 5 of most things I really don't need to be buying anymore clothes until it's time to replace one of the 5 that I need to replace.  This will not only stop me from buying items I don't need, and so not be so environmentally unfriendly, but also save me money.  Win win all round really, and thankfully I'm not big on following fashion so I'll not going miss out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment