'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 7 April 2013

52 Small Changes - Water

My water bottle collection.
This week was all about drinking water. 2.4l a day to be precise.  You would think that it would be relatively easy, but it turns out  that remembering to drink water during the day is a lot harder then first thought.  To begin with, I thought using my 1l bottle would be the best way to do it....my large, blue, metal bottle reminding me to drink, drink, drink.....and then I would only need to drink two of those and a glass at dinner to get my days worth.  But it actually had the opposite affect, sitting there as a daunting reminder of how much I actually had to drink.  So I tried some other reuseable bottles that I have and ended up using a smaller, more user friendly size (500ml).  It was a lot less daunting and had the added bonus of providing more of a positive feedback everytime I finished the bottle and had to refill it.  Using reuseable bottles for this is definitely the way to go, just remember to wash them on a regular basis.  The only downside is the number of times you have to visit the loo, I'm beginning to feel that my work colleagues might think I'm not very well, but on the plus side there are probably a lot less toxins running around my body and my skin is beginning to feel a lot less dry.  Definitely be keeping this one up.

Next week: sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment