'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 5 June 2016

Project Pan Update #5 and Other Products

Firstly, I should apologise to those of you who are kind enough to read my blog for not putting up posts for the last two weekends.  Life took over and I didn't want to put up posts that were rushed and half-arsed.  But I'm back and I will try and also post the two posts I had intended for the last couple of weeks as extras this month.

So, we have now finished five months of me working on using up the products in my Project Pan.  I have to admit that things have definitely slowed down now and I am losing my momentum a little bit.  One thing I have realised doing this is that, even though I seem to like buying beauty products, I'm not really someone who actually likes using them.  It's just not something that comes naturally to me nor is it the first thing I think of doing when I want to relax/ feel good/ have something to do.  This has highlighted to me why getting rid of these products and keeping my routines simple is a good idea.
I have managed to finish off two products this month.  The first is the Neutrogena Hand Cream I got for Christmas.  This took much longer than I thought it would as I was using it every night.  It is a relatively good product, more like a grease than a cream, and worked well on my dry hands (which my work's hand soap really helps dry up).  However, it hasn't worked any better than my shea butter or olive oil (though it does sink into the skin a lot quicker) and the fact that Neutrogena is not cruelty free means I won't rebuy this product.
The second product wasn't actually part of my original Project Pan but is the Natural Collections lip liner in almond I wrote about in my last Project Pan update.  It isn't actually completely finished, but the pencil has disappeared into the lid and I can't get it out.  This lip liner is great for the price and would probably suit most people, but it didn't really suit my natural lip colour so I'm glad it's now gone.  As far as I'm aware Natural Collection is a cruelty free company though so I may look at other products of theirs in the future.
The eyeshadows are carrying on with the same steady pace as before.  To me this part of the Project Pan is going really slowly, especially when I watch others' Pan that Palette on YouTube.  I had hoped to have more eyeshadows finished by now so this part is a little disheartening.  The white eye shadow is going quicker now that I'm also using it as a highlighter.  I have been using an eyeshadow brush to put this on the top of my cheeks, but am now going to use a larger face brush that should help move it along quicker.  The pan on the silver eyeshadow is getting larger and the shadow around the pan is getting so tantalisingly thin that I'm trying not to get too hopeful.  The dark grey eyeshadow hasn't moved at all and I think I will leave it now and just use it as an eyeliner once the brown eyeshadow is finished.  I think I'll just need to keep plodding on with these.
I'm still working on the Elf Teal eye liner and, while it is getting smaller, this is another product that seems to really be going on forever.  This is going to be one of the products that I concentrate on this month with a view to have it finished in July.
The second product I'm going to be concentrating on in June is the Max Factor red lipstick in Cherry Kiss.  I have made some progress on it in May, but as I was concentrating on using up the nude lip liner I didn't reach for it as much as I could.  So this month I'll be rocking red basically every day (cue constant teeth licking).  I think I can actually finish this off this month and that will leave me with just two lip products left in the project to use up by the end of the year.
I have been using the Mac Creme Cup lipstick this month with the almond lip liner.  It has gone down, but as their lipstick is relatively pigmented I haven't really needed to use that much with it.  I have to say that the colour with the almond lip liner didn't really suit my skin colour, but now I should be able to adapt it.  However, I'm not going to worry about this lip colour this month until the red has gone.
The Lily Lolo eye primer is yet another product that is steadily plodding along.  I will be happy when the bottom half of the yellow primer is finally used up and then I'll feel that I might be able to finish that by the end of the year.  Fingers-crossed, maybe by the next update......
The one product on my Project Pan list that I added this month was the Dove Summer Glow moisturiser fair to medium skin.  I had brought this last year before my brother's wedding so that my legs didn't look so pasty white and hadn't used it since.  I'm not entirely sure why I decided to do that as I don't like the smell of self tanner and I don't really like the colour my skin goes.  I've been using it regularly in May and I will definitely finish it in the beginning of June, so I'll be finding myself in the weird position of actually getting paler over summer.
The last product I've used up is one of my Bioderma Micellar Waters.  This is another product that isn't actually on my Project Pan but that I'm looking to use up and not re-purchase in my path to going completely cruelty free.  I brought two large bottles in one go and this is the first one I've used up.  I don't actually go through these particularly quickly as I tend to use coconut oil to remove my make-up on a daily basis.  The micellar water does work but I find the oil much more effective and more gentle, especially on my eyes.  I won't be buying Bioderma Micellar Water again as they are not a cruelty free company, but I might look into getting another micellar water as it is useful to have on days I can't use oils to remove my make-up.

Nail polish this month has been a complete no show as I haven't even been wearing any.  I just haven't been in the mood to put any on and really haven't minded having my nails all natural.  It has made me realise that once these have all been used up and I replace them with more natural products I will probably only get one or two for me to wear now and then rather than a variety of colours.  Hopefully I'll have something to show next month.

So, that's eleven products used up - only another twenty-four products to go.


Below are links to all my previous project pan blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment