'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 3 July 2016

Project Pan Update #6 and Other Products

Month six is over and I've actually managed to finish a few things off this month, a couple of which are in my Project Pan.  I did catch a cold for a little bit and during that time didn't really have any interest in using any of these products, so I'm glad I still managed to get some finished.
The first product I finished was the Glove Summer Glow (no longer available in this form).  This only took a couple of months to finish and did help moisturise my skin, but I really don't like self tanners.  I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to buy this (having pasty white legs doesn't actually bother me that much) and I really don't like the smell of self-tanner or having to wait before I could put any layers on.  On-top of which Dove is not a cruelty free brand, so I won't be buying this again even if it was available.
This was one product I was worried I wouldn't actually finish, despite being so close.  Red lipstick doesn't really go with a runny nose.  But I slathered it on during this last week and it's now all gone.  Even if Max Factor was a cruelty free brand I wouldn't buy this Cherry Kiss lipstick again.  Firstly, I really don't like the smell (and consequently the taste) of this, it's way too strong, and it was too shiny for me as a matte girl.  It was relatively moisturising but this also meant that it migrated into all the fine lines around my mouth.  It also wasn't very pigmented and, on the days that I decided to wear it without a lip liner, you could see my own lip colour through in patches.  I am glad this now finished (and so's my partner, he hates shiny red lipsticks).
I have been using the Mac lipstick in Creme Cup and Jane Iredale Lip & Cheek Stain in Forever Pink, but not very often so there hasn't been much progress on these.  I'll probably concentrate on the Mac lipstick this month as it's the one that isn't cruelty free.
All I can say about this Teal Elf eyeliner is that it's just as well I like this colour because it is taking forever to use up!  I use this every day as an eyeliner on my upper lid but, now that I've used up the red lipstick, I'll be doing more smoky-eye looks so I'm hoping to use the rest of this up this month.  Elf is, of course, cruelty free.
The progress of these eyeshadows are following the same slow but steady pace as before, though the white is speeding up a little now that I'm using a bigger brush to highlight my face.  I've removed two of the eyeshadows from this palette for now so I can concentrate on these five.  I'm beginning to feel like I won't finish any of these by the end of the year, but I still have another 6 months so we'll see. 
The Max Factor mini nail varnish in Ruby Tuesday is one product that I haven't finished but which I am just going to get rid of.  It literally chips within one day, though I do do a lot of typing for my job, and I'm not someone who wants to spend every evening painting my nails. So this is going in the bin.  I'm not a huge fan of this tone of red anyway.
These are two products that weren't in my project pan but that I've finished in June.  I got these in a Zoya set and they are the Armour Topcoat and the Fast Dry Drops.  The topcoat was good, and apparently had UV protection, but nothing to write home about other than the fact that it doesn't have all toxins other topcoats have.  The drops were good though and definitely helped dry the nail varnish very quickly, meaning that I didn't have to worry about waking up with weird ridges on my nails.
These are some of the last face samples that I have left.  I didn't notice any real benefit from the Caudalie Radiance or Estelle & Thild Biocalm Anti-redness Rescue Serum sample, though they did smell nice very nice and smoothed onto my skin easily.  However, I did like the Madara Time Miracle Eye Cream.  At the moment I just use an Aloe Vera with vitamin E eye cream which I really like but which you can't get anymore.  I have to be careful with eye creams as they can make my eyes puffy and itchy, but this really didn't, made the skin around my eyes very soft and moisturised.  I'm not sure about the reduced lines and wrinkles though, I'd probably need to use it for longer to notice any difference in that.
These are products that I've been concentrating on using up as I try and reduce my moisturising and perfume products.  The first is The Body Shop Smoky Poppy body butter.  Body butters work really well with my dry skin and I love the smell of this one.  Unfortunately The Body Shop only had this scent as part of the celebration of the end of WWII last year, which is a shame as I'd want to buy this all the time if it was permanent.  I do wish I'd brought more of this product or at least a larger tub.  They do still have some of this on sale online, so maybe.....  
The Burt's Bees cuticle cream I've had for years and it is now finally finished.  It smells lovely, lasts a long time, works really well, and is cruelty free.  That's all I need to say.
I got a couple of these Dr Organic Organic Virgin Coconut lip balms from Holland and Barretts when they were having a deal, mainly because they contained spf 15 in them.  They smell nice (if you like coconuts) and do moisturise your lip. The only issue I have with them is the taste it a little odd, but that's it really.  I would recommend getting one if you have a Holland and Barretts near you.
The last product is one of the perfume samples I'm working through this year and is the Calvin Klein perfume in Euphoria.  It smells alright and worked ok with my skin, but it definitely didn't make me euphoric.  Even if I wasn't going down the more natural route I wouldn't buy the actual size of this.
I should probably say here that I didn't really use the Lily Lolo primer that much this month so there really isn't much change in that.

Now that's 21 pan products to go.

Below are links to all my previous project pan blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment