'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Up-date on getting rid of stuff

This is just a quick post with an update on the three main areas I'm concentrating on getting rid of.  I'm also been going through other areas in my home and the number of items I own is trickling down nicely, but these are the three things I thought I would keep an eye on now. I've updated the amounts on my 'Getting rid of my things' page and there are a few things I've noticed.

Firstly, make-up, nail varnish, and perfume takes a ridiculously long time to use up - why is that?  It doesn't help that I have brought a few things I really shouldn't have (though the concealer I did buy to replace the one I have which is almost finished), though I've brought a lot less cosmetics this year than I have in previous years.  I'm going to keep focusing mainly on the wet products this year and at least get those down to my goal numbers.

My beauty products have gone down pretty quickly and I've almost reached my goal numbers on all the categories, so I'm feeling quite positive about getting that sorted by the time the New Year comes around.

I have now got my clothes and shoes down to just the items that I actually like wearing.  I've also managed to change my attitude to not keeping stuff that I really don't like just because I've spend money on it.  The short sleeve tops is the category I have most of (three of which are worktops so I'm not too worried there), but as I love all my tops I'm not able to get rid of anymore at the moment.  I'm just not going to buy any more tops and until those ones fall apart or I fall out of love with them, so that should save me money.  One of the things I've been doing to just picking five of the tops (and cardigans as this is another category I have way too many of) and wearing them.  If I don't like the top or cardigan, or it is obviously worn out or misshapen then I get rid of it and replace it with one I have in 'storage' in the back of the cupboard. This one may also take a while, but it's all moving in the right step.

So that's my mid-year update - all dead exciting.  The next one will be at the beginning of next year when hopefully things will look much better, fingerscrossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment