'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Monday 2 January 2017

Project Pan Update #12 and Other Products

Well that's 2016 over and done with, and the end of the year has been quite busy and I haven't had a lot of free time.  Our adopted dog is lovely, but does have some issues which we've been working a lot on so that we have a healthier, happier dog.
And now for my last project pan update of 2016 (and I will apologies now for the quality of the photos - it's so dark at the moment and I had trouble getting the lighting right).  I had put in a number of products in 2016 projects that I knew I probably couldn't get through, but I wanted to push myself to try and get through as much as possible.  Out of the 35 products I picked I managed to use up 26 - yay me 😁.  
So, let's start with the eyeshadow.  One of the eye shadows, the Sephora dark brown, just fell out of the pan.  I'm not entirely sure how as I don't remember dropping my z-palette, but I opened palette and the pan was empty.  As that was no longer available I started using the Maybelline dark grey shadow as a crease colour.  I'm not sure if it's just the age of the shadow, but this hasn't been particularly easy to work with and I'm happy to just get rid of it without reaching pan as I don't want to keep anything that I have to put work into using.  I have been working through the other eyeshadows at the same rate as always and I'm happy to let go of all of them apart from the pink / purple shadow from the H&M eyeshadow palette.  I haven't reached enough of a pan of this to be happy to throw it away and so I'm going to add it to my next project pan, along with the other eyeshadows I didn't even get to start on.  I won't be buying any of these again as none of the products are cruelty free.
I've finally got through the purple Elf eyeliner.  I thought I wasn't going to finish this by the end of the year, but I started using it as a lip liner as well to add some darkness to my lip colours. I thought I had one more use to get out of it, but it's gotten stuck in the lid and I can't get it out anymore.  I don't think you can get this colour anymore from Elf and I think I will stick with black or brown eyeliners from now on.  However, Elf is cruelty free and I will have a look at the website again once I need to get a new liner.
The Mac Cremesheen lipstick in Creme Cup is also finished.  The colour didn't really suit me, but I liked the texture and scent of this lipstick.  However, I didn't like them enough to justify the price of these lipsticks, and Mac no longer has it's cruelty free status so I won't be buying anymore of these product even with a range of colour selections they have.
The Sinful Colors nail varnish in Rich in Heart was also another product that I thought I wasn't going to get to finish by the end of the year.  But I actually put on the last coat on New Year's Eve.  There is a little bit left, but I'm counting this as finished as it's become too gloopy to use.  While I like the colour, Sinful Colors is not a cruelty free company and I won't be buying from them again.  The other nail varnish colours that were in my 2016 project pan will be added into this year's project pan along with the Tesco's brought Barbara eye primer.
The last project pan product is the Wella Polish Cream.  This hasn't moved very much during this year, but, to be honest, I kept forgetting to use it.  I did think about getting rid of it, but have decided to move it into this year's project pan and use it up completely.  If I remember to use it at least twice a week I should be able to do that.
The last products I've used up this year are the Bourjois 150th Anniversary powder, the Natural Collection lip liner in Mulberry, and the Urban Decay / Gwen Stefani lipstick tester in 714.  The Bourjois powder is a good powder to use for the price of it and smelt lovely, but not overpowering.  It was easy to work into my skin and Bourjois is cruelty free, but I'm not much of a fan of loose powder and the colour was a little bit too pink for me.  I'm a big fan of Natural Collection and Barry M lip liners as the colours are great and good quality.  This Mulberry colour was a lovely colour and the pigment was good enough to change the colour of the lipsticks I was wearing.  I don't need a lipliner at the moment, but I will look at Natural Collection again when I next do.  The Urban Decay lipstick tester in 714 is a lovely matte red  which reminds me of a vintage lipstick in colour, and I really enjoyed wearing it.  It does dry your lips a little, but nothing a bit of exfoliation and moisturising doesn't fix.  I actually have this in the full size.  Urban Decay is a cruelty free company.

To see my previous project pan updates click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment