'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 7 May 2017

Project Pan 17 Update #4 and Other Products

 This month has been a little more successful than I thought it was going to be.


Let's start with the product I'm most happy about finally finishing and that's the Wella System Professional Polish Cream.  This product does help a bit with frizziness and smells nice, but it isn't as good as the oils I usually use and is not cruelty free so I won't be getting it again.  I am happy that this has finally gone, but it is a reminder to not buy something, just because.


I've also used up the NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee.  I didn't manage to get absolutely all the product out of the container, but I did take out the stopper so that I could get as much as possible.  It's not really my colour (I seem to have been going through a pink phase for some reason), but the texture and smell were nice.  It is a good product, but I won't buy it again as I'm not a lip gloss type of girl.  There is also the whole are they, aren't they when it comes to cruelty free.  I've moved on to some of the other lipsticks that I have and am hoping to use another two products by the end of the year, which should take the number down to 4.

The eyeshadows are doing well.  Now that I'm doing a type of brown, smokey eye The Body Shop eyeshadow in Coconut About Me is moving along a lot quicker.  I've also been using Sea Shell on my eye as well as a highlighter and this has helped move it along, but obviously hasn't helped with two purple eyeshadows which have been put on the back burner for this month.  I had watched a YouTube channel by MakeUp Geek about covering up undereye circles which recommends using an eyeshadow as the powder rather than your usual face powder.  So I've been using the Natural Collection eyeshadow in Sable for this and have now managed to hit pan.  The rest have remained the same.


The smokey eye look has also helped me work through Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner in Superblack.  I am much more hopeful that this will be finished by the end of the year, but, as I won't be wearing as much makeup come the end of May, things will slow down on that front quite a lot.  However, good progress with this one so I'm happy.


I'm now using the Barry M nail varnish in Cyan as my main nail varnish.  All the Barry M varnishes I've had have always been liquidy but very pigmented, which means you don't need a lot to get the colour.  This, of course, means there's not as much progress as I would hope, but I still managed to get through a fair amount this month.  Even though I won't be wearing face makeup on a day to day basis I will still be wearing nail varnish, so I'm hopeful that I will still be able to get through them all this year.  I wasn't sure about this colour, if I'm honest, but since I've been wearing it on a daily basis I have to admit I actually really like it and it does go well with my skin tone.


I'm finally seeing some progress in the Barbara Day eye primer (just at the top).  I think this one is going to take a very long time to use up and I'm definitely not going to get it finished by the end of the year.  However, I'm not actually that bothered about that.  It's quite a good eye primer, especially for my oily eyes, and is the last one I have so if it takes a couple of years that's fine.



As before the MUA powder foundation in Shade 4 and the Bourjois blush in Ceidre 48 are showing no real change.  Slow and steady with these.


As for the Jean Paul Gaultier Eau De Parfum I am getting through it and might actually have it finished by the time I start my new job.  I will keep using it at my new job (if it's not finished), but not to the extent.  It will definitely be finished by the end of the year.

As for other product, I've been testing the Neal's Yard Wild Rose Moisturising SPF30.  It smells really nice and I was able to put it all over my face, including over my eyelids, without having any reaction to it.  However, I found it a bit too thick to use.  Even with warming it up in my hands first I still felt like it was pulling on my face.  It also didn't feel like it was very moisturising and, in fact, my skin seemed to get drier quicker when I was using this.  The outer packaging doesn't really hold up to constant use either, but the things that means the most to me is what's inside and I don't think I'll get this one again.

To see my previous posts on my 2017 Project Pan:

No comments:

Post a Comment