'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 2 July 2017

Project Pan 2017 Update #6 and some decluttering


Throughout this month the words that have run through my head have been ' slow and steady' and that is precisely what this project this year has been.


Let's start this month with the one product I have managed to finish and that is the Barry M nail paint in Cyan.  This is a beautiful colour and I've actually quite enjoyed wearing it everyday (probably because blue is my favourite colour).   I wasn't able to reach right down to the bottom as the polish became too thick to use, but as I'm not wanting to worry about using thinner or anything like that this is now being classed as done.  I have already moved onto the Barry M nail paint in Black.  Barry M is cruelty free and I love the colour, but as I want a more natural polish and am looking to only own one or two in the future I won't be buying this one again.


As I am no longer doing my face makeup on a daily basis there isn't a lot of obvious change in my eyeshadows.  When I have been wearing makeup recently I have been using my Urban Decay Naked original palette.  You can't see any actual changes in this, but it has reminded me just how much I love this palette.  For my single eyeshadows in the Z palette I have only really been using the Natural Collections shadow in Sable (there is an obvious change there) and The Body Shop shadow in Coconut About Me.  I did try the Max Factor shadow in Untamed Green but it really didn't have good staying power nor did it suit my skin tone at all so I'm just going to get rid of it.  I'm also going to get rid of the other single eyeshadows as well (apart from Sable) as I've made good progress on them and I feel happy just letting them go now.  They are also not my favourite products to use and I don't want to keep using products I don't like over others when I'm no longer wearing makeup everyday.


I had hoped to have finished my Jean Paul Gaultier Eau De Parfum by the end of this month and I'm so close!  But unfortunately I still have a little bit left at the bottom.  I will carry on using this on a daily basis and hopefully it will be gone my next month's update.


The progress on my Barbara Day eye primer has (not surprising) slowed considerably.  There is still some sign of movement at the top but still not enough for me to be able to mark a line on it yet.


The MUA powder foundation in Shade 4 and the Bourjois blusher in Ceidre 48 are still the never ending stories when in comes to progress.  I am getting a little bored of using them so I might bring some other products next month to give myself a break.  At the end of the year, if not before, I will definitely think about decluttering these.

And that's it.  This blog is definitely getting shorter to write about now that the products are going down.  I've started looking at other products I want to add to the list as I work my way through and will hopefully get to them before the end of the year.

To see my progress so far:



No comments:

Post a Comment