'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Monday 21 August 2017

My Nighttime Routine - Beauty


I've been having YouTube on whilst I've been doing housework and decluttering and have just been letting it run on autoselect.  A few videos came up in a row showing what people's nighttime and morning routine is, mainly on the beauty side of things.  I thought, as I'm making my beauty routine more simple and natural, it might be interesting to document what I'm doing at the moment.  So, let's start with my nighttime routine as this is the longest.......



If I've been wearing makeup or feel that my face is particularly dirty I will first give my face an oil cleanse using either Coconut oil or Olive oil and a warm flannel.  This always feels like it's really cleaning out my pores but I would recommend using Coconut oil if you are prone to spots.



After that or if I don't need to do an oil cleanse then I wash my face with my Friendly Soap Aloe Vera bar soap.  I love this soap as it doesn't feel like it dries out my skin (either on my face or body) at all.



The next step for me is the toner which is literally just Witch Hazel in a spray bottle.  I've used this for years and I know it can irritate some people's skin, but it works great for me and I find really helps soaths any allergy irritation and cuts and bruises.  

For my moisturizer I use the oil mixture I make up myself and wrote up about in my blog on my natural facial oils (stored in Holland and Barrett container).  This one has a mixture of Jojoba oil, Avocado oil, Rosehip oil, and Frankincense essential oil.  I put this on quite early on in the night to let it sink into the skin and then I'll add more later on to areas that need it.  If I really feel that I need more moisture then I also add on the Jason Age Renewal Vitamin E 25,00 i.u.



I try to remember to do an extra step designed to help with my dry skin, especially as the dry skin stops me getting moisturizer to the lower layers.  I don't really use physical exfoliators anymore but I do use the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive.  This can sting most of the time, but it is really effective at removing dry skin and my face always feels so soft afterwards.  I usually do this step before the toning and moisturising, usually extra moisturising.  I also have some loose clay which can be made into a mask but which  I have fallen out of using.  This is a great mask though and worked really well on my skin so I definitely want to add this back in.

I will write a blog about my morning routine soon - but that will be a very short blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment