'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 6 August 2017

Project Pan 17 Update #7 and Other Products



It's definitely getting a lot harder to use up products now that I'm not wearing makeup every day, but I'm still doing my best to get through all the items and it's much better now that I've decluttered a few items.


I have finally managed to finish off the Jean Paul Gaultier Eau De Parfum.  I've been wearing it everyday, even when working out in the field.  Even so, this perfume does last a very long time to get through, especially as I never had to reapply it during the day.  It is still one of my favourite perfumes and actually my signature scent, but I'm trying to find more natural perfumes and one that I can be certain is cruelty free.


The Barry M nail varnish in Black is also going a long quite quickly.  It's not as opaque as I thought it might be so I've had to put on thicker layers then normal.  This has helped get through it quicker then my previous varnishes.  I'm hoping it'll actually be done by next month and I can move onto the Red colour.  Barry M is a cruelty free brand.


On the eyeshadow front it's difficult to see any changes in the Urban Decay Naked palette, probably because I am only using it on the weekends, but I am still making good progress on the Natural Collections shadow in Sable.  I'm using this product every time I wear makeup as a base eyeshadow over my primer and under my eyes on top of my concealer. Both of these companies are cruelty free.


As always, the Barbara Day eye primer, MUA powder foundation in Shade 4 and the Bourjois blusher in Ceidre 48 are still showing little progress compared to last time.  There is some progress from when I first started using them at the beginning of the year, but I won't get these finished by the end of it.  I am starting to use the foundation through my eye crease as well as to contour my face.  It's hardly going to make a huge difference, but every little counts.

The other products I've finished this month are the Bellapierre Cosmetics lipstick in Cat Walk (a cruelty free company) and the Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat (also cruelty free).  I really enjoyed using this lipstick.  It's not a long lasting lipstick, but it's not bad and comparable to other more mainstream lipsticks, but the texture was great and it smelt amazing.  Apparently the colour really suited me, but it's a little too pink for my liking (I prefer the tea rose colour).  However, I was impressed with the lipstick and might get another colour from them in the future - once I've used up all my other lipsticks.  I really liked the Butter London topcoat.  It was a little pricey at £15 (they don't actually make this anymore but I think you can still get this product in some retail stores) but it really did dry really, really quickly, made my nail polish last a long time, and lasted a lot longer than other topcoats I've tried in the past.  I would actually buy it again if they still had it.  Butter London is a cruelty free company.


No comments:

Post a Comment