'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 14 January 2018

Project Use Up 2018


I've decided this year to call this Project Use Up rather than Project Pan as there aren't many products which actually contain a pan.  There are 17 items in total and 7 of those are none makeup products, but all get me to my long term goal of having either 1 or none of them.



I'm not actually panning any eyeshadow this time, but I do want to actually get some use out of all my palettes this year (especially the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani palette which I haven't touched yet despite having it for over a year now).  Whilst I'll be rotating my palettes on a weekly basis I still want to concentrate mostly on my Naked original palette, as this is my oldest, and will use Virgin or Naked as a base shadow, Buck as a transition, Toasted for my under-eye, and Creep as an eye liner every time I wear makeup.  I may need to throw it out by then end of the year.



Now for the products I'm actually planning on using up, starting with the eyes.  I'm rolling over the Barbara Day eye primer and Living Nature eye pencil in Midnight from last year and am hoping to get these finished this year, though not holding my breath.  The other two products are my Pacifica Transcendent Concentrated Concealer in Light and my NYX Dark Circle Under eye Concealer in Light / Pale.  I've been using both for a while and, despite the fact they do work, I no longer feel I want an under eye corrector or a liquid concealer.  They're also getting a bit old and I don't want to keep liquid products for too long.


I'm probably being a little bit optimistic on this front, but I'm going to try and use up four lipsticks.  The Neal's Yard lipstick in Persimmon is a roll over from last year, and with that I've added the Gosh Matte lipsticks in Rose and Plum, and the MUA lipstick in Raven.  I admit, the black lipstick might be a bit of a push but I'll see if I can incorporate it somehow.


The Jane Iredale blusher in Barely Rose is the last of my old blushes and is starting to turn a little bit with a hard layer forming on the top. I'm going to try and use it up by the end of this year as I might need to throw it away in 2019.  That being said it still goes on easily and is very pigmented so it shouldn't be too difficult to use.  The Zoya Pixie Dust nail varnish in Dahlia is also a roll over from last year and is the last of my nail varnishes.  It's quite pretty on the nails so wearing it won't be a problem.


For my non- makeup products I'm really needing to downsize my lip products.  Most are lip balms I can take to work with me, but I want to use up the products which I need to use my fingers to remove.  These are the Korres Lip Butter in Mango and the Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Juleps (which I don't think necessarily scrubs my lips particularly well).  These are already quite well used so I don't think they will take me too long.  They can be my morale buster.


Hand cream is another field where I have way more than I need.  I found a really nice hand cream when I was on Jura which I prefer using so I want to use up these other products, the Neal's Yard hand cream in Wild Rose, the Neutrogena anti aging hand cream, and the Burts Bees Hand Salve.


The last products are the Pacifica roll on perfume in Island Vanilla (this is my last perfume but I just find these perfumes don't last very long) and the Aragon Oil Hair Treatment.  This works well on my hair but I find the scent a bit too much.  I've added Jojoba oil to help reduce the scent, but as this is one of the products I now make myself I want to move this out.

I've taken another inventory and updated my 'Getting rid of stuff' page.  It's good to see the progress I've made in most areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment