'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 28 January 2018

Decluttering My Things


One of my goals for 2018 was to declutter my stuff.  Now, I don't have as large amount of stuff by anyone's standards, but it is still much more than I need and way too much to be carrying around everywhere.  I'm not planning to go completely minimalist in the number of items I have and there are a few things I know I will use in the future.  But I also know there's a lot of things that I don't use and will probably never use, so it's time to get rid of them.


To give myself some structure and make sure I don't miss anything (my items are dotted around my parents home) I've decided to use Pick Up Limes list for 30 Days to Minimalism.  I'm not going to be taking 30 days to actually do the decluttering  (being out of work at the moment and not needing to fit it around that), but I will go through the categories provided and declutter at each section.  There will be some categories where I will have very little or no items at all, but still think this is a good route to take.

Unfortunately I do think that this would be a subject that was more interesting in video format rather than a blog. But seeing as I don't have any way of recording or editing the footage (yet) I'm going to keep the decluttering in blog form.  Apologies for that.

It's always interesting when you put all your stuff in boxes and pile them up into a pile, and see just how much stuff you've been hiding away in your home.  Let me know if you're decluttering this year, or have already been decluttering, and how you plan on doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment