'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 4 February 2018

Project Use Up update #1 and Other Products


So that's the first month of 2018 down and I've done pretty well.  Admittedly I have been able to wear makeup far more than I will the rest of the year, but still I'm going to pat myself on the back any way.



The first product to go was the Korres Lip Butter in Mango.  I don't really like having a colour tint in my lip balms, but this is a nice colour if that's what you're looking for.  It never really left like it was moisturising when I first put it on, but my lips always felt very soft in the morning.  Korres is a cruelty free company, but I don't think I'll this again.



Next was the first of my role overs from last year, the Zoya Pixie Dust nail polish in Dahlia.  There is a very small amount in the bottom, but it has gotten very gloopy and is practically impossible to reach.  I did enjoy wearing glitter, but it was very difficult to get off.  That is the last of my nail polish and I won't be buying any more of this kind of polish.  Zoya is cruelty free.



Lastly, I've finished the Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julip.  I love the smell (and taste) of this, but if I'm honest I don't think it really did anything in the lip scrubbing front.  At least not anymore then when I use my flannel.  Lush is cruelty free, but I won't buy this product again.



As before, the Barbara Day eye primer is going down, but not in any way that is obvious from the outside.  And the same is true for the Pacifica Transcendent Concentrated Concealer in Light, despite using it almost every day.  I expect both of them will suddenly give up the ghost without being obvious before.  I haven't used the NYX Dark Circle Corrector at all yet and will probably use this once the Pacifica concealer is finished.



The Living Nature eye pencil in Midnight is definitely going to take all year to use up, even with me wearing it everyday.  In fact, this product is probably going to take about three.  Still I'll keep working on it.  I may suddenly find some other use for it.



The Jane Iredale blusher in Barely Rose isn't showing any sign of the pan appearing any time soon, but I am using it everyday so it'll hopefully appear soon.



I've mainly been concentrating on the Neal's Yard lipstick in Persimmon this month, but have been using the two Gosh lipsticks as under-colours a few days.  Still, there is no real change in the Gosh lipsticks, but the Neal's Yard is halfway done.  I haven't touched the MUA in Raven at all yet.



The Pacifica perfume in Island Vanilla is another product I use every day, but it doesn't seem to have gone down by very much so this could take all year to finish.  The scent lasts longer then the other Pacifica perfume I've tried, but still doesn't last all day.



Slow progress on the Neal's Yard hand cream, probably because I keep forgetting to use it.  Must remember to make a note to use it daily.  There's no point in using the Neutrogena hand cream with SPF just yet until my hand is actually exposed to the sun.  I haven't used the Argan Oil hair treatment and Burt's Bees hand salve yet.



One of the other products I had finished this month is the Zoya nail polish remover 3 in 1.  This is the travel size (which I poured the last of the product into) and I have previously gone through about three full sized bottles.  It's a good product and is cruelty free, but as I don't intend to buy anymore of the usual nail polish I won't be buying this again.



I've also used up the shampoo I've been using for the last couple of years, which is the John Masters Organics bare unscented.  I really love this shampoo - I don't have any negative reaction to it, it lathers up really well for a more natural shampoo, and you don't need a lot of it for it to work so it lasts a really long time.  It's also cruelty free, so a win win.  I'm trying other shampoos right now, one being a shampoo bar, but if they don't work I'll go back to this.



Lastly was the Scentered Stress Less Therapy Balm.  I had got this in a subscription box from Naturisimo and it's meant to help relieve stress.  I'm not sure if it actually does that, but it does smell very nice and I used it up by using it as a daily scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment