'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 25 February 2018

Decluttering: Clothing


And so it begins...........

I don't expect to declutter a lot from each of the categories, but it'll be a start and with my not buying unnecessary products this year it should reduce in size any way.  I'll also keep and eye on what I'm actually using and get rid of anything I thought I would use but haven't.


The amount of items I have in the clothing category is a suprise to me in its size. It might be smaller then many people's, but it's still a lot larger then I realised when I started. (I also need to apologise for the quality of the photos in all of this series as a lot of them were taken in the evening.)

Bags | Purses | Wallets

Getting rid of.

I've been going through these on a regular basis so I didn't expect to get rid of many.  However I did actually manage to get rid of half but being very realistic about what I actually use.  In the end I only kept a family heirloom and two bags I use all the time.  I didn't include my work bags in this as I use them all the time.

Clothes

Getting rid of.




I started by getting rid of all the clothes that were off colour (even if I loved it), misshaped, and didn't fit anymore.  Then I got rid of the items I no longer wear or hardly ever wear at all, but just liked to keep in my wardrobe. There is still a lot of items, way more then I need, but I wear and love all of them so I'm keeping them for now.  If I stop wearing any item this year I'll send them off to charity as I only have good quality items now.  I really won't need to buy anything in this category this year.

Undergarments

Getting rid of.
I pretty much use all of my underwear, despite having a lot, so I knew I wasn't going to be getting rid of many things.  That being said, there were a few products that I've stopped using now and have sent to charity or binned.  This is another area in this category I won't need to buy anything for this year.

Shoes & Beauty Products
I didn't have any products to get rid of in these two sections.  For the shoes I'd already decluttered all the ones I don't wear when packing up my things in the first place.  I've also already been getting rid of my beauty products through my project pans and project use-ups so I didn't bother going through these.

Accessories

Getting rid of.








This is most definitely my largest category.  Unlike clothes and shoes that rarely fit properly, accessories always do.  It's also the category that I have the emotional attachment to as these are usually items I was given as a gift or which I collected on my travels.

Getting rid of.
It was quite a bit more difficult for me to choose what I was getting rid off from the category, but in the end I just pulled out all the items I haven't warn in a long time and which didn't have any particular memory connected to them.  And then quickly put them in a charity bag so I couldn't change my mind.

And that's it for this category.  The largest one is done and now takes up less room then before.  Even though I have specifically decided to go on a no buy here, I also know this is going to be easy to do as I've already found my style and have everything to fit this.

No comments:

Post a Comment