'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Monday 2 July 2018

Project Use Up Update #6 and Other Products


So the slowing down of using up has begun.  I have managed to finish another product, but the rest are moving very slowly and will probably take a few months before the next product is finished.



Starting with the item I finished, the Burt’s Bees hand salve.  I've been using this pretty much every night on my nails to help keep the skin moistured from the work I've been doing.  It did a very good job at keeping my skin healthy and I have definitely noticed a difference since I've stopped using it.  Burt's Bees is a cruelty free brand again, but obviously it's not vegan.  I did like this product but I want to see if I can use something simpler.


The next product I've used the most is the Gosh Velvet lipstick in Matte Rose.  This is the lipstick I've been concentrating on and I haven't really touched the other ones at all.  This is taking a little while to use up and I thought I would use up more based on my week off, but it was too hot to wear too much makeup during that time anyway.  I might wear one of the other lipsticks during July just for a bit of a change.  No change to the other lipsticks.


 The Living Nature eye liner in Midnight is a slow mover as before.  I really need to start using this more, but it does smudge around my eyes a bit (even when I set it with eye shadow) so I don't always want to add more.  I think this one is going to take a couple of years to get through.


The Barbara Day even smoother eye primer in Vanilla and NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector in Light / Pale are both plodding along slowly.  I'm not sure either of these will be finished by the end of the year, but I live in hope.  Both work well enough, but aren't really working their best in this weather and probably with the oils and SPF I use on a daily basis.


The last item is the Argan Oil hair treatment.  I am actually remembering to use this everytime I wash my hair, but seeing as I only wash my hair twice a week I don't use very much. It's a good oil mix though and works very well at moisturising and defrizzing my hair without being too much.


The other product I finished was the Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Mascara in Black.  This is a good natural mascara and, once it had dried out a little, gave quite good volume and length.  But, like most mascaras I use that aren't waterproof, it did smudge under my eyes during the day so I won't buy this one again.

My progress so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment