'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 15 November 2020

Paperless Productivity - Cute Note

 

I decided to end the year with another fun paperless productivity app.  I found this one on the Google Store and it's Cute Note - DDay Todo.  It's really cute and kitsch, and could actually - ironically - be the one I'm looking for.  I should probably start by saying that this one does come with adverts that pop up now and then, but you can pay a subscription to have these adverts stopped.  However, the free version works completely well as it is.


It's made up of four pages.  The first page is Memo and I basically used it for notes and  making shopping lists, which you put on digital sticky notes.  You can arrange this page in two different ways by clicking on the squares on the top right and order them based on date, etc.  One of the good things about this page is that you can add folders (by clicking on the folder icon on the top right) to separate your notes into different subjects or projects if you wanted.  I don't have enough projects on to make that worth my while, so I just kept them on one page.

To make a note you just click on the Create button and then type anything you want.  You can use the ribbon at the bottom to change the font size, colour, etc, and, most importantly, change the character of the note by clicking on the face.  I, of course, picked all the cute animals, apart from the one connected to a jumper I'm knitting which is batman.

The second page is To-Do.  You can name your notes whatever you want based what the to-dos are for, such as projects, but I decided to do a sticky note for each day of the week so it was like a diary.  

To get started I just clicked on one of the notes that was already there and then make changes  by editing those.  I deleted the old to-dos and then added new ones by typing in box at the bottom and clicking on the cross.  The picture doesn't show it, but there is a ribbon at the bottom which allows you to change the character of the note.  It is a lot more characters on this page, but I went for the same cute ones as the memos, because I just couldn't help myself.

To name each sticky note and add new ones (in my case, for the days of the week) I clicked on the folder tab at the top right.  Once each task is completed you just click on the note and then tick the to-do circle.  Then you can delete all your completed tasks giving you a better idea about what you have left to do.  

Of course, they don't automatically move to the next day's note, but I found being able to just view all the to-dos I hadn't completed on one page meant I still got them done even, if it wasn't on the day originally planned.

The third page is a D-Day / Countdown page.  

As with the Memos page you can create folders for different projects (though I would think you would probably want to see all the countdowns on one page) and sort them by date.  To create one you just click on the Create button, then fill in the details of the day you want a countdown to.  You can also change the design on this as before.  

I, of course, picked Christmas Day as that's my main date at the moment, but I'm sure others will appear.

The last page is more of a settings page.  You can log on, using your Google account, which allows you back-up your notes to your Google Drive.  Then clicking on the settings wheel also allows you to add passcodes and set everything up as auto.  This is also where you pay to remove the ads.


As I said, this is my last paperless productivity of the year and I really loved it.  It's nice and simple, and has everything I need at the moment to keep an eye on all the things I need to get done.  This might change in the future, but, for now, the simplicity is good.  The only thing I thought would be better is if I could get habits put in as well.  However, I could just add them to the To-dos sticky notes and I have gotten a little bored of keeping tabs on those at the moment, so maybe it doesn't matter too much.  That being said, this is app has definitely made it to the top of my list.  Not going to lie, it's probably mainly to do with the cuteness of it, but whatever you need to do to get yourself organised.


No comments:

Post a Comment