'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 9 January 2022

Crafting Goals 2022

Last year actually went pretty well when it came to crafting and I'm pleased with the amount I managed to get done.  It did become my go-to relaxing activity and it probably helps that it's something I can do whilst watching or listening to something else, or even when I was too tired to concentrate on anything else.  I have quite a few plans for this year and, to be honest, I'll be pretty amazed if I manage to get them all done.  But you never know.

Making Invitations

This one's quite an important one as they are invitations for our wedding.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to make invites for everyone as I don't really have the time, but I want to try and make them for all the family at least and then add some personal touches to the other invites.  This one is definitely keeping my nights occupied at the moment.

Making My Wedding Outfit

This is another important one and I have almost everything I need to make it.  In fact, I've had most of the stuff for almost a year now, but nows the time to start putting it all together.  It will consist of a slightly modified fantail skirt, an off-shoulder top, and a shawl that I need to knit.  I have about three months to make all of these items, so no pressure.

The Dottie Cardigan

I've already started this and it was in my last crafting blog.  Once the wedding items have been completed I'll finish work on this, which should mean it's ready in time for late spring and summer. 

The Maggie and the Coddy Jumpers

These two jumpers are also from the Rowan Magazine 69 that the Dottie cardigan is in and are a man and a woman's jumpes that sort of match each other.  I really like the styles of these but I also thought it would be funny to make them and then force my partner to wear his with me.  Be one of those revolting couples.

The Vivien Fair Isle-Style Jumper

This is another pattern from the Knit Vintage book I own.  It's a short sleeve jumper and the style was very popular in the 1940s.   I've been wanting to make this one for a while but have been a bit put off by the fact that it's a colourwork pattern.  However, it's time to bite the bullet and give it a go.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get it done for the summer months.

Replace My Wrap Dress

I've had a wrap dress for many years now and I've worn it quite a lot.  In fact, it's the only dress I actually own.  However, it is now beginning to fall apart and I have to admit that there are parts of it that don't really fit me properly.  So, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make a new one that actually fits my body shape.  I've found a pattern, Butterick B6554, and just need to think about what material I want to make it from.

A Wrap Top

I also want to make a top that's similar to the top of the wrap dress and which is slightly cropped in length to go with all the high wasted trousers, shorts and skirts I have.  This top will also allow me to work out exactly what changes I need to make to the top half of the wrap dress before I start construction on that.  It'll also give me an incentive to make the changes to the dressmakers mannequin I've been meaning to do for the last few months.  I already have the fabric for this so once the wedding outfit is complete I can start working on this.

The Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit Cross-stitch - Rivendale

Now that I've completed the Shire cross-stitch it's time to move on to the next stop in Bilbo's adventure, Rivendale.  I'm hoping this one should take me the same length as the last one and I'll have it completed by the end of the year.

If I manage to get all of these completed by the end of 2022 my wardrobe will basically be where I'd like it to be.  It'll possibly be a little bit too large still, but I think I'll enjoy having the variety.  Maybe then I'll pull back a little bit on the crafting.  Unless other people start requesting things and, to be fair, I still have quite a long list of things I would like to do.  They're just not all clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment