'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 1 May 2022

April 2022 Budget

Our April finances have gone just as I was excepting based on my partner only having a part-time job at the moment and us both having some days off for the wedding and honeymoon (and by some I mean over a week).  This has meant that April is a month where there's been not a lot of money coming in and quite a bit of money going out.  


One win is that we've still managed to keep our credit cards at zero and keep our personal emergency funds fully funded.  As before, the car and Christmas sinking funds are still completely paid up, though we might need to eat more into our savings at the start of May.  Unfortunately we did have to take even more money out of our four months emergency fund in April to pay for bills and we haven't been able to pay it back yet.  Hopefully that'll be something we can achieve in the next few months.


It does look like nothing has come out of our account for rent, electricity, etc, but because of how the months fall this money actually came out at the end of March and this still had an impact on April.


Our spending on takeaways and additional spending is quite high this month, but I guess that's to be expected as we were away on our honeymoon.  We probably should have been a little more careful whilst we were away, but we wanted to enjoy ourselves and the time we had together.  We also knew we were going to have to be stritch once we got home.  I also didn't put any money into my pension as we didn't have the funds available, so I'll need to spend the rest of the year catching up on that -gulp.


I will be doing my tax returns at the start of next month so hopefully that'll give us a little extra money to put back into our savings or at least help out with all the bills for May and get things back on track.


So, not a particularly successful month, but not a surprising one either as we weren't really expecting to do well.  It would have been nice to put some money into savings and my pension, but I accept that wasn't possible this month what with us enjoying ourselves perhaps a little too much.  All I can say is bring on next month and being able to concentrate on our goals now that the wedding is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment