'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 17 April 2022

Crafting Goals 2022 Update #1

This is quite a satisfying blog to write as I've managed to get quite a lot of crafting done despite having a lot going on at the moment.  It obviously helps that a lot of the crafting this first quarter had to do with our wedding.  

Making the Wedding Invitations

This obviously had to get done pretty early on in the year so that we could get them out to people on time.  I think they turned out quite well.  Unfortunately we didn't have time to make ones for everyone and had to concentrate on those we were inviting in person.  However, I wanted to add something home made to these as well and made some origami hearts to put in with these.  I do love origami.

Making My Wedding Outfit

I completed my full outfit, including a shawl for when I'm outside, a matching tie for my partner, and matching face masks just in case.  I've already written blogs about the sewing parts of this outfit (skirt, petticoat, overskirt, and top) so those can be looked at if you want to know more.  Now that I've made it all I have to admit that I'm not 100% certain about the way the top looks, but I'm still quite proud of myself for making this none the less.

The Dottie Cardigan


This was a really enjoyable item to make and I love the outcome of it.  It was a nice break from doing all the wedding stuff and it gave me an opportunity to give my brain a rest from all the other thinking.  The wool is from Holst Garn and was the first time I actually used this wool.  I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of it, especially at the price, and you can order by the bolt not just the ball or skein.  I actually ended up ordering way too much, but I have plans for this extra wool so that's fine.  I really love the colour as well, so I'm glad I ordered something which was a bit out of my comfort.

Lord of the Rings /The Hobbit Cross-stitch - Riverdale


I've only just started sewing this project, but I'm really looking forward to making this.  I'd already brought the thread for this so that meant I didn't have to put this project on hold whilst our finances are tight and I am very happy about that.  This cross-stitch is part of the LOTR series I brought from Country Magic Stitch on Etsy.

I haven't started the other projects yet and, with our finances being the way they are at the moment, most of them might have to wait for a little bit longer.  Out of all of them I will be able to work on the wrap top as I already have the pattern and the fabric for it.  As for the wrap dress, I could theoretically use the fabric I have left over from my wedding outfit.  However, it is a little lighter than I had originally wanted so I'll need to think about that first.  I have to admit that I am looking forward to not using the sewing machine for a little bit, so maybe I'll leave these until after April.  As for all the other knitting projects, they'll have to wait until I can justify the additional expense.

All in all, it's been a pretty good quarter.  I've managed to get three out of the eight projects completed, with the fourth started.  At this rate I'll have finished this year's craft goals by the start of the third quarter.  I'm sure I'll be able to find other things to do though if that ends up being true.

I'll be on my honeymoon next week so I probably won't post a blog, but will just be enjoying my time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment