'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 15 January 2023

Crafting 2023

This year I'm not going to give myself a set amount of projects to complete.  Partly because crafting in 2022 almost became something I felt I needed to do and I want it to remain an enjoyable hobby, and partly because I want to have more time to read more and to work towards gaining a secondary income.  So this is my list of things I'd like to do and I'll get through as many as I feel like this year.

Completion and Use Up Projects

I've already written about these in a previous blog and they're mostly little projects to finish off or fix a project I've basically already completed.  A couple are also about using up material I already have.  I've actually already finished a few of these so what I have left is:

  • Fixing the jumper arm
  • Resizing the hat pompom
  • Changing the length of the strap on the dungarees
  • Adding attachment to the top and bottom of the dungarees
  • Socks for me
  • Making a matching tie to my dress
  • Leftover fabric top
  • Crochet crop top
  • Knitted /crochet strappy top
The Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings Cross- stitch - Riverdale


It's time to complete this, hopefully in the first half of the year.

Field of Fucks Cross-stitch


This is a pattern I brought a while ago off Etsy from a shop called Fandom Cross Stitchery.  I think it's hilarious and want to get it completed this year so I can finally have it up to cheer me up when I'm having a bad day.

Icelandic Jumper


At the end of last year my Mum gave me a bag of wool that she had gotten to while ago but never used.  When I saw it the mix of colours made me instantly think of Icelandic jumpers so I went searching for a pattern and found this one called Afmæli by Hélène Magnússon.  Though I vowed I would never do a colour work jumper again here I am preparing to make another one. 

The Maggie and the Coddy Jumpers


Speaking of other colour work jumpers, I would still like to do these sort of matching jumpers by Arne and Carlos from the Rowan magazine, issue 69.  I've worked out that if I buy the wool recommended, and I've decided it might actually be worth doing that at least one, I need to save up around £175 which is seven of my weekly spends so I'll bear that in mind whenever I want to buy something else.

Cut Embroidery Dress


When I was watching the Korean drama 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay' Go Mun Young wears a dress that was made of either a white cotton or linen with cut embroidery on it and it made me wonder if I could maybe make that.  I'll need to find a pattern for the dress and try and find some cut embroidery patterns to go with it, but it would be interesting to give it a go.

The Jabberwocky Embroidery


This was a Christmas present and I thought it would be interesting to try as it's been a while since I've done this type of embroidery and it is a craft I was thinking of getting back into in the future.  This is a kit made by The Fabled Thread and the colours are beautiful.
 
Ankle Trousers


I love my 1940s trousers and I wear them all the time but I do sometimes think it would be nice to have a slightly fitted pair that fall just above the ankles.  I've already found the pattern I want to use, Simplicity S9376, so if I have the time and the spare cash this would be something I'd like to make.


For most of these projects I already have the materials needed and so they shouldn't cost me anything to make.  At least not for the first half of the year.  The other items I will probably need to save up for before I can make them, but that is probably a good habit to get into anyway and should stop me from spending money on other things I don't really need or want.  Regardless, it's a good variety of crafts to keep my brain and hands happy throughout the year and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment