'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Monday 27 May 2024

Getting Rid of Stuff and Organising....again

Recently I've been getting that nagging feeling that I get when I feel like I just have too much stuff.  Stuff that I'm not using.  Stuff that's gotten disorganised and that is maybe making me feel a little bit stressed.  Admittedly I do use most of the things I own or at least have set plans for it in the future, but there are still a few things here and there that I could get rid of. 

There are quite a few books, but they're staying as I will be reading them in the future.  I just need to dedicate time to do so.  I'm also leaving our board games as we need to play them more before we can decide if we want to get rid of them or not.  And we tend to go in cycles when it comes to what we enjoy playing.  Although Exploding Kittens is always going to be a favourite game.

The camping gear is also all staying but clothes is an area that I can downsize in.  Either because it is an item I haven't worn in ages and am unlikely to in the future (like my thermal trousers), or items that are just not comfortable (like my sandals that I love the look of but just feel uncomfortable walking in), or that I genuinely don't fit in now that I've put on weight.  Unfortunately, the last items are clothes that I've made so rather than get rid of them I'm going to put those to one side so that I can alter them.  I'm also moving my winter things, like my thermals, out of the way so it's easier for me to use the rest of my wardrobe.

My stationary box was a quick one as we do use most of the stuff in there, but there were a few things that I was keeping just in case but never actually use so I've gotten rid of those.  My craft boxes also have a lot in them, but as I went through each one I realised that they were all items connected to projects I have planned.  Once I've completed those I'll go through the boxes again and get rid of anything that is surplus and no longer needed.

It's only a small declutter this time, not like some of my previous ones.  However, for some reason, even this little clearing out has made me feel so much better.  As I read more books and work through more projects everything will naturally get smaller as well, especially as I've put no buys on these two areas as I work through what I have.  Maybe I'll get to the point where I don't feel the need to declutter anymore.  Admittedly that does seem pretty unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment