'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Monday 15 February 2016

App of the moment: Skeptical Science

Apologies for the delay in this post - have been ill this week :-(

Whenever someone finds out that I do actually believe in human induced climate change and am trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle I'm always asked a lot of questions.  The weird thing is that even now people who don't believe that it's important don't seem to have to give any reason or facts as to why they believe that to be the case, but if you do you have to be able to give a well rounded argument full of figures and scientific evidence for your opinion to be valid.  While the decisions I make and the route I've decided to take is based on facts and figures I've read and researched, when it comes to discussing this with other people I find that all the information I've accumulated over the years just leaves my head and flies away.  
So I've been glad to find Skeptical Science, an app I've downloaded onto my phone.  

The pages are pretty easy to navigate through and I specifically like the News one which allows me to remain up to date easily.

The most useful page, which conveniently is also on the front page, is the Browse page which lets you search through all the arguements uploaded onto the app.  

For each arguement against climate change you'll find a factual response, filled with information from scientific research and diagrams, which can be used when talking to others. 



You can even add an argument on the Report page in case you come across one which hasn't already been added.

I especially like that it's very non emotional and fact based, which fits my personality perfectly. 
You can get it for iPhones and Androids (I got mine from Google Play) and it's completely free. Definitely worth a nosey.

No comments:

Post a Comment