'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 7 February 2016

Project Pan: Update 1


This month I've done pretty well in using up products, managing to finish 6 items so far.  Unfortunately I don't think this is going to be a regular thing, but it's a good start.  So, what have I finished?
The eye shadow is the mid-brown eye shadow from the Sephora eye neutral eyeshadow palette.  Though I liked the colour I didn't like the texture which was quite dry and almost chalky, not too easy to blend.  As far as I'm aware Sephora isn't cruelty free either.
The lip sample was the Vapour lipstick in Saucy.  This was a lovely colour and colour texture, and it smelt ok as well.  I will definitely look more at this company once I've used up all the lip products I have now and am looking to get more.
I've also used up one of the Nature coconut lip butters I have (still one to go).  I got this in a gift set a couple of Christmas' ago, but, despite it's name, it's not natural at all.  It;s also quite a gloppy, thick texture so I only use this when I go to bed.  It does take a long time to use up so I'm not expecting to finish the second until nearer the end of the year.
Next along is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream.  I loved this product.  The texture was lovely and despite its thinness it did a very good job at correcting any colour imperfections I have.  It was also very moisturising and contained an SPF of 15.  The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't last throughout the day, even with powdering, but it did wear off pretty evenly.  I would recommend it though, especially if you want a more natural look.  I didn't repurchase it as I'm now using my Jane Iredale mineral foundation and will probably carry on using that from now on - mainly due to ease of use.
Lastly were the Miss Cole body wash and moisturizer.  Neither of these were much to talk about.  The smell of the body wash was alright but I didn't feel particularly clean afterwards.  On the plus side it didn't feel like it was stripping my skin at all.  The moisturizer was just watery and didn't really feel like it was doing anything much.  The biggest issue I had was that both contained SLS and I think that this has set off my eczema again.  I'll be glad once I've finished the body scrub as well.
Next month I think I'll be very lucky if I've finished any products at all, so I'll probably just have to show the items I've hit pan on.  I did have to depot the Benefit highlighter which has dried a little (and by 'I' I mean I gave the product and some wire cutters to my boyfriend for him to open it up).  That way I should be able to use it up completely and a little more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment