'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 28 February 2016

Book Review: Green Clean


I've mentioned this book in the past in my blog about using Vinegar as a cleaning agent, but felt that it deserved its own post. I've had this book for years now and have used it to make many of my own cleaning products in an attempt to simplify and clean up the products I use to clean my home.
The book itself is broken up up into why you would want to go green with your cleaning, ingredients & recipes, and the specific information about cleaning specific areas on the house (it even has a section about beauty products).  Obviously the section I use the most is the recipe section where the recipe of my preferred and most effective bathroom and kitchen cleaners can be found.  Then I dabble in the other sections if something specific comes up I need to deal with.
While this book pretty much covers every area of cleaning you could possibly want, the thing I like the most is the fact that you can use a small number of ingredients to make a variety of cleaning products and that the recipes are easy to follow. 

I've never had any issues with the recipes being less effective than conventional cleaners and I love the fact that not only can I choose why they smell like but also that I don't have to wear gloves to protect my hands from the ingredients (though if you are sensitive to essential oils you'll still need them).
It's now got to the point that I can make up my general cleaner and bathroom cleaner without needing to refer to Green Clean, but I'm still be keeping this book for my less regular cleaning needs.

If you prefer watching recipe ideas rather than reading them you might want to check out Clean My Space's Do-It-Yourself Cleaning Ideas playlist on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment