'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 6 March 2016

Project Pan Update #2


I wasn't expecting to do particularly well this month as I'd already used up most of the easy products in January, but I'd actually did a lot better than I thought. 

Winter is the time when my skin is at its driest and scrubbing is an important step (which I usually forget) to keeping my skin soft. So this seemed a perfect time to use up the Miss Cole body scrub, except that it didn't do anything. The product went on easily enough and had large granules like sea salt, but it didn't actually remove any of my dry skin and the products in it even seemed to dry out my skin.  I also used up the Naturally Thinking Body Polish Salt Scrub which I've had for a while now (which I'll talk about more in another blog) and this item was much better, though still not scrubby enough for my needs.

It was a lot easier to use the Benefit High Beam once I had depotted it and I was using it on a daily basis, even when I was having a no make up day.  It's not completely finished but has now become too dry to use anymore, and there's so little left that I'm counting this as done.  I'm not really a highlighter person as I prefer a matt look and as I use a powder foundation this didn't really mix very well.  If I do decide to get another highlighter it'll probably be a powder highlighter, and Benefit is not a cruelty free company.  I'm now using the Maybelline white eyeshadow as a highlighter to help use that up.

The only nail varnish in this month's update is the Models Own Nude Beige.  I was concentrating on this one as I knew it was beginning to thicken up and managed to get a few uses out of it before it became unusable.  This is a lovely colour and Models Own is a cruelty free company so I would recommend it.  The only reason I won't be buying it again as a want to transition into more natural nail varnishes. 

The Natural Collection Fig Leaf lipstick is another product I've been working on due to its age rather than its cruelty free status.  I had hoped to get it all finished by the end of February but I think that was being a bit optimistic. Got quite far though and I think it should be finished by the end of this month.

I'm also hoping to at least hit pan on my Lily Lolo eye primer next month which I've been using every day I wear make up.

I've carried on working through the Sephora and Maybeline palettes this month and have managed to make quite a good dent in them. However, I have realised just how long it's going to take to use them up. This is especially true of the silver eyeshadow (which I put all over my lids every day I wear make up) which seems quite pigmented when you first put it on so you only put on a little, then the colour falls off quite quickly and you're left with just a glittery eye lid.  I haven't really made much work on the dark grey, but I am thinking of using it to cut my crease now and then to start working through it.
I think the only thing I'm going to have finished by the next up date is my Natural Collection lipstick.  So that should be a very short blog. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment