'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 5 November 2017

Project Pan 17 Update #10 and Other Products


It turns out that October has been a good month for finishing off products. I was beginning to finish that I would never see the end of some of these, so it's been feeling good.  I've also decided to add in some products to see if I can get them completed by the end of this year.  The products are a little bit ambitious, but I thought I would give it a go.


The first product I finished first was the Natural Collection eyeshadow is Sable.  This is a lovely colour and it really like the texture of this shadow, but I don't need any more eyeshadows at the moment so I won't be buying it at any point in the near future.  However, if I ever get to the point where I'm completely out of eyeshadow I will think about repurchasing the duo this comes from.  The research I've done shows Natural Collection is cruelty free.


The second item is the Barry M Nail Paint in Bright Red.  Unlike the other nail varnishes which got too thick to use at the end, this one lasted right until the very end.  I really loved this colour and I think if I do decide to have one nail varnish once everything else is finished, this is the type of colour I would like.  Barry M is cruelty free.


There are some very small dents in a few of the shadows in my Urban Decay Naked original and there is actually a very small pan in Toasted.  It's probably because I use this everyone I wear makeup underneath my lower lash line.  Now that I don't have Sable I've started using Virgin and Naked as my all over lid shadow.  That should hopefully make them go down quicker.  Urban Decay is cruelty free.


The Barbara Day eye primer has finally started to show real progress with product visibly moving away from the side tube.  It's very satisfying to finally see this going and, though I know it won't be finished by the end of the year, it'll definitely be finished next year.  Then I'll either look into having no eye primer or finding a more natural alternative.


The MUA powder foundation in Shade 4, and Bourjois blusher in Ceidre are still going strong and not really showing obvious signs of the amount of use they're getting, though the blusher is now looking a little flatter then before.


So, the products I have decided to add into this project are the Zoya Pixie Dust nail varnish in Dahlia, the Neal's Yard lipstick in Persimmon, Living Nature eye pencil in Midnight, and the Pacifica roll on perfume in Tuscan Blood Orange.  I'm being a bit optimistic with these, but I think I will get at least the perfume finished by January.  All these brands are cruelty free.


There are two additional products I have finished this month.  The Lavera Intensive Care hand cream.  I brought this when my hands were getting dried out by some soap at work and it worked pretty well.  It's not the richest moisturizer, but it was good to use before typing on a computer (tacky keys are never good) and has been pretty effective with the drying I now get with my work gloves.  Lavera is cruelty free and I company that I really trust.  I've also finished the Organic Glam base coat.  This is a very good base coat for a more natural alternative and I do think that its claims of preventing yellowing of the nails is true, but not sure about the protection from nail breakage.  Organic Glam nail varnishes are three free and cruelty free.

2 comments:

  1. I adore those Barry M polishes! Definitely one of the favourites in my collection. I've only just started my project pan, it seems like it's going to take me a while to get through the products I've chosen but I'm so determined! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they. 😀 Good luck with your project pan, I hope it goes well. Are you thinking of recording it in some form (blog, video, Instagram)? Xx

      Delete