'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' Proverb

Sunday 6 May 2018

Project Use Up Update #4


So this was definitely going to be the month were using up the products slowed down significantly.  The main reason is obviously I'm not wearing makeup on a daily basis now that I work outside.  However, I have needed the moisturising products more and so have been able to work on these more.


So, let's start with the Barbara Day eye primer.  We all know the score with this, I use it every time I wear makeup but you still couldn't see any difference from the outside.  I did get bored and swirled the brush around and there is now a section where the product has moved away from the size (finally!) and I most be half way through by now, but I just can't tell for certain.


The NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector in Light / Pale is now my only concealer and is getting a lot more use.  However, I do only use this on my undereyes and so it is going down, just slowly. It will definitely take me the year though.


The Living Nature eye liner in Midnight is another slow mover in my makeup bag, but like the other products it is going down.  I am trying to do makeup looks which use more eye liner (especially as I am using the Gosh Velvet lipstick in Rose more), but it is still moving slowly.  Though I am beginning to think I might be able to get it almost finished by the end of this year now.


I have given all my lipsticks some love this month.  Once I had worked out that I could use the Gosh Velvet lipstick in Matte Plum as a very pretty blusher I've stopped using it on my lips for now.  Instead I now mainly wear the Gosh lipstick in Rose.  I also bit the bullet and wore my MUA lipstick in Raven.  This lipstick was much more creamy and transparent then I was expecting and didn't really stay on my lips evenly when I first put it on, but I do still love the way it looks and will wear it again.


Since the Pacifica roll-on perfume in Island Vanilla is letting more product out every time I use it then it used to I'm now using this up a lot quicker.  Unfortunately the previous lines I had have now disappeared but there is definitely a big jump.  I wasn't wearing it to go to work, but have started wearing this everyday again which means that this will probably be gone in the next two months.


As before, I am completely forgetting to put the Argan Oil hair treatment on.  This is really something I need to remember to do everytime I wash my hair.  Thankfully, my travel brush makes my hair a bit frizzy which is a good reminder to regularly use this so I don't spend my time looking like I've stuck my fingers in the mains.  I don't use conditioner anymore so this is probably an important step I need to remember.


Now that the Neal's Yard hand cream is used up I've moved onto the Neutrogena anti-aging hand cream.  This is slightly different in the fact that it has SPF in it so it makes sense the put this on during the day.  This is a completely different habit for me and something I have never done before.  I've put it in my coat pocket to try and get me to remember to put this on as I leave for work.  The one good thing about this is that I can (and have) put it on my face to add SPF protection and a strong moisturiser.  The extremes of the weather means that the skin on my face takes a real beating so this extra moisture can only be a good thing.  It was full at the beginning of the month so there's only one line.


Lastly, the Burt’s Bees hand salve.  This has definitely taken on an important role in keeping my hands healthy over the last month.  Weirdly I don't think it's the work that is drying out my hands but the hand soap I use at the hostel where I'm usually staying.  At the end of every night I put this on my finger nails and along my knuckles.  The next morning my hands always feel a lot softer and it's definitely helped reduce the skin cracking I usually get.

See my progress so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment